MSI in typical video card fashion gives us their standard box and layout. We of course have the handle across the top which is great for umm well carrying it home we suppose. The left side of the box has the branding which is of course MSI, while the bottom of the box has the model which is the NX8800GT.
The right of the box gives us the main details of the card such as the 512MB GDDR3 which we mentioned in the intro, HDCP and HDTV-ready along with Dual Link DVI and TV-Out. This particular model is also PCI Express 2.0; don't be worrying though as it's going to work perfectly fine in your current PCI Express motherboard.
The top of the card has the NVIDIA GeForce logo along with the PureVideo HD logo. Across the top we can also see a sticker that shows us that this particular model is overclocked.
Turning the box over we have some more details on the card along with the requirements. There is also mention of SLI and again Dual-Link DVI and PureVideo HD. This is all very standard information and nothing to get too excited about here.
With the box checked out its time to move inside. Paperwork/CD wise we have a Quick Installation Guide and Quick User Guide accompanied by an MSI Multimedia DVD that comes with a driver and a few other handy programs.
In the cable out department we have a 2x Molex to 6 Pin PCI Express connector along with a TV-Out cable that carries both component and S-Video along with a longer S-Video cable so you can get TV-Out functionality up and running straight away if you want. There is also a single DVI to VGA connector too.
Considering the card is part of the 8800 series we would have liked to have seen a full version game included, especially since we see Company of Heroes bundled in the mid-range NVIDIA cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015