The Rosewill RCX-Z4 uses a different design than what we are used to for CPU coolers. The offset base is uncommon and this is one of the first coolers to use 8mm heatpipes, whereas others most always use 6mm heatpipes. The unit comes with a 120mm fan and like many other heatpipe coolers it displaces the heat from the CPU to a large aluminum fin grid where it is then dispelled into the surrounding air.
The CPU contact area is smooth to the touch but is not a mirror finish as we find on many higher priced units.
Looking at the back of the unit you can see where the pipes are placed. I would think that moving the two outer pipes closer to the middle would allow for more heat transfer from the pipes to the fins but their current location makes the fin area solid when it comes to construction.
The side view shows the shroud that forces the passing air to stay within the fin area.
The other side image shows where the factory places the fan cable. This can be changed by removing the fan and rotating it to the desired side.
Cable length is always an issue. No one wants a cable that is too long, and if it is too short then the product becomes worthless. Rosewill made their cable a very user friendly 5 inches.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched