The Rosewill RCX-Z4 uses a different design than what we are used to for CPU coolers. The offset base is uncommon and this is one of the first coolers to use 8mm heatpipes, whereas others most always use 6mm heatpipes. The unit comes with a 120mm fan and like many other heatpipe coolers it displaces the heat from the CPU to a large aluminum fin grid where it is then dispelled into the surrounding air.
The CPU contact area is smooth to the touch but is not a mirror finish as we find on many higher priced units.
Looking at the back of the unit you can see where the pipes are placed. I would think that moving the two outer pipes closer to the middle would allow for more heat transfer from the pipes to the fins but their current location makes the fin area solid when it comes to construction.
The side view shows the shroud that forces the passing air to stay within the fin area.
The other side image shows where the factory places the fan cable. This can be changed by removing the fan and rotating it to the desired side.
Cable length is always an issue. No one wants a cable that is too long, and if it is too short then the product becomes worthless. Rosewill made their cable a very user friendly 5 inches.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio