The Rosewill RCX-Z4 uses a different design than what we are used to for CPU coolers. The offset base is uncommon and this is one of the first coolers to use 8mm heatpipes, whereas others most always use 6mm heatpipes. The unit comes with a 120mm fan and like many other heatpipe coolers it displaces the heat from the CPU to a large aluminum fin grid where it is then dispelled into the surrounding air.
The CPU contact area is smooth to the touch but is not a mirror finish as we find on many higher priced units.
Looking at the back of the unit you can see where the pipes are placed. I would think that moving the two outer pipes closer to the middle would allow for more heat transfer from the pipes to the fins but their current location makes the fin area solid when it comes to construction.
The side view shows the shroud that forces the passing air to stay within the fin area.
The other side image shows where the factory places the fan cable. This can be changed by removing the fan and rotating it to the desired side.
Cable length is always an issue. No one wants a cable that is too long, and if it is too short then the product becomes worthless. Rosewill made their cable a very user friendly 5 inches.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni