The Rosewill RCX-Z4 uses a different design than what we are used to for CPU coolers. The offset base is uncommon and this is one of the first coolers to use 8mm heatpipes, whereas others most always use 6mm heatpipes. The unit comes with a 120mm fan and like many other heatpipe coolers it displaces the heat from the CPU to a large aluminum fin grid where it is then dispelled into the surrounding air.
The CPU contact area is smooth to the touch but is not a mirror finish as we find on many higher priced units.
Looking at the back of the unit you can see where the pipes are placed. I would think that moving the two outer pipes closer to the middle would allow for more heat transfer from the pipes to the fins but their current location makes the fin area solid when it comes to construction.
The side view shows the shroud that forces the passing air to stay within the fin area.
The other side image shows where the factory places the fan cable. This can be changed by removing the fan and rotating it to the desired side.
Cable length is always an issue. No one wants a cable that is too long, and if it is too short then the product becomes worthless. Rosewill made their cable a very user friendly 5 inches.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- Galaxy S7 battery said to last two days on single charge
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform