Intel's platform for the Core 2 series of CPUs keeps growing and growing. While things started out in the mid-range with the P35 chipset, we have now seen the ultra high-end X38 arrive as well as the G33 chipset which is basically the P35 with onboard graphics and 1333MHz FSB support along with certification for Intel ViiV technology.
So far we have already looked at the G33 chipset which contains the GMA3100 integrated graphics chip and makes itself quite a name in the business sector. Today we are taking a look at the basic end of the Intel Core 2 platform, the G31.
G31 is a cut down version of the G33, it still has the same GMA3100 graphics core however its official supported FSB is just 1066/800MHz. It also doesn't have the extra DDR3 memory controller and hasn't got support for any of the HDMI functions that the G33 does. Given these features have been removed, it's really suited to business use only, certainly not much of a HTPC or Digital Home PC chipset.
Our first G31 candidate is the ECS G31T-M motherboard. ECS has always produced the best low-end boards you will ever see, as they tend to add in features whilst keeping their prices down. Their boards usually have some overclocking potential as well, so let's see just how well the G31T-M behaves today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset