Intel's platform for the Core 2 series of CPUs keeps growing and growing. While things started out in the mid-range with the P35 chipset, we have now seen the ultra high-end X38 arrive as well as the G33 chipset which is basically the P35 with onboard graphics and 1333MHz FSB support along with certification for Intel ViiV technology.
So far we have already looked at the G33 chipset which contains the GMA3100 integrated graphics chip and makes itself quite a name in the business sector. Today we are taking a look at the basic end of the Intel Core 2 platform, the G31.
G31 is a cut down version of the G33, it still has the same GMA3100 graphics core however its official supported FSB is just 1066/800MHz. It also doesn't have the extra DDR3 memory controller and hasn't got support for any of the HDMI functions that the G33 does. Given these features have been removed, it's really suited to business use only, certainly not much of a HTPC or Digital Home PC chipset.
Our first G31 candidate is the ECS G31T-M motherboard. ECS has always produced the best low-end boards you will ever see, as they tend to add in features whilst keeping their prices down. Their boards usually have some overclocking potential as well, so let's see just how well the G31T-M behaves today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY