In Australia you can actually pick up the LEVIATHAN for slightly less than the XXX XFX offering, but it's a good couple of hundred up on the stock clocked offering. Is it worth it? Well, as always it's a little bit of yes and a little bit of no. The Ultra on a whole isn't really worth it at the price it's at anyway. With that said though the Ultimate setup is going to have a pair of Ultras running in SLI so if you've got money to burn they're probably the card to have.
The water cooled offerings also do great things for our temps and in an SLI environment this would be particularly great. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting the two radiators in a good sized case with multiple 120mm fan spots. The card is fast, there's no denying that. The bundle is good, the out of the box clocks are excellent as well. Leadtek seemed to have found a spot that runs just perfect. It's not only cool but rock solid. What's clear though is it's at the edge, we also like to venture a bit into overclocking but as soon as we started moving only a few MHz up on the core memory artifacts would appear, so like the XFX it's really at its peak.
The card ticks most of the right boxes; great build quality and a great bundle with the only thing going against it being the price. Yes it's expensive but so are Ferraris.
Leadtek have done a good job with the Ultra and we look forward to seeing what they do with the next generation line up of NVIDIA cards or even the new 8800GT which is due to be released next week.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset