Package and Contents
We first start our journey with a look at the package that the Blitz Formula comes in as well as what you get with it. ASUS's Blitz series of boards (currently there is the Formula, Extreme and Maximus) belongs to the Republic of Gamers or ROG series of boards. ASUS puts the board in an oversized box. On the front of the box is only a few bits of info like the model name.
The back of the box contains a lot of info on the board's features, but one of the biggest features we look for is absent, that being the colour photo of the board which for this mount of dosh you're putting down you would like to know what you're getting before you buy.
The ASUS Blitz Formula box has an open out flap on the front that shows some of the more important features of the board which we will go into detail on later.
Lastly on the list we have what ASUS calls Supreme FX II sound module. What is it? Simply put, this is a daughter board module with the HD Audio codec on it along with the resistors, capacitors and such that run the traditional Onboard Audio. According to ASUS this is supposed to reduce the audio noise from having the codec on the board itself. While it does move it to a shielded location, it still has to be routed off from the ICH and this will still theoretically cause a bit of interference/noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni