ASUS has been the first company to come out and embrace the IDT PCI Express splitter chip with the Blitz Formula and Blitz Extreme series of boards. While you may not think as much of this now since X38 is out, let's consider something.
P35 based boards are much cheaper than X38 right now. X38 runs hotter and is still in its infancy. Intel still has some work to do on the silicon. P35 is based directly on P965, it has already proven itself as a good overclocker and supports both DDR2 and DDR3 memory technologies. The one thing it really lacked was proper Crossfire PCI Express routing, ASUS has solved this.
While the Blitz Formula and Extreme will beat out P35 boards without any IDT chip to route the PCI Express lanes in Crossfire, it's not going to help if you're looking at going NVIDIA video cards; and simply put, there is no SLI support for Intel chipsets and won't be anytime soon either.
Overall, if you're aiming for a cheaper solution than the X38 with Crossfire, this board wins out hand down over all other P35 boards in the market. You just need to decide if you need the DDR2 version in the Formula or the DDR3 version in the Extreme.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017