ASUS has been the first company to come out and embrace the IDT PCI Express splitter chip with the Blitz Formula and Blitz Extreme series of boards. While you may not think as much of this now since X38 is out, let's consider something.
P35 based boards are much cheaper than X38 right now. X38 runs hotter and is still in its infancy. Intel still has some work to do on the silicon. P35 is based directly on P965, it has already proven itself as a good overclocker and supports both DDR2 and DDR3 memory technologies. The one thing it really lacked was proper Crossfire PCI Express routing, ASUS has solved this.
While the Blitz Formula and Extreme will beat out P35 boards without any IDT chip to route the PCI Express lanes in Crossfire, it's not going to help if you're looking at going NVIDIA video cards; and simply put, there is no SLI support for Intel chipsets and won't be anytime soon either.
Overall, if you're aiming for a cheaper solution than the X38 with Crossfire, this board wins out hand down over all other P35 boards in the market. You just need to decide if you need the DDR2 version in the Formula or the DDR3 version in the Extreme.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni