ASUS has been the first company to come out and embrace the IDT PCI Express splitter chip with the Blitz Formula and Blitz Extreme series of boards. While you may not think as much of this now since X38 is out, let's consider something.
P35 based boards are much cheaper than X38 right now. X38 runs hotter and is still in its infancy. Intel still has some work to do on the silicon. P35 is based directly on P965, it has already proven itself as a good overclocker and supports both DDR2 and DDR3 memory technologies. The one thing it really lacked was proper Crossfire PCI Express routing, ASUS has solved this.
While the Blitz Formula and Extreme will beat out P35 boards without any IDT chip to route the PCI Express lanes in Crossfire, it's not going to help if you're looking at going NVIDIA video cards; and simply put, there is no SLI support for Intel chipsets and won't be anytime soon either.
Overall, if you're aiming for a cheaper solution than the X38 with Crossfire, this board wins out hand down over all other P35 boards in the market. You just need to decide if you need the DDR2 version in the Formula or the DDR3 version in the Extreme.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse