Usage and Conclusion
Looking over the menu options, there's the video menu which allows you to play back video files, and the quality on the relatively small screen is surprisingly good. The only options you have is to fast forward or reverse the video and pause it, so no cool gimmicks here. The Photo album allows you to watch pictures and again these look quite good despite the limitations of the screen.
Next up is the built in FM radio and this seemed to have a life of its own. To save a preset you have to press and hold the play/pause button and then select save, choose the position you want to save that radio station at and then verify that that's where you want it to be stored. Of course the default option is no. There's a bar at the bottom of the screen but it doesn't seem to have any kind of correspondence to the frequency shown on the display. But the biggest problem is that there's no way to stop the auto tuning, so it just carries on until it finds a station, which makes it almost impossible to manually tune in a station. You can also only tune the radio up, not down.
There's a built in eBook reader, but we have no idea what file formats it supports apart from plain text files, since nothing is mentioned in the documentation. Having said that, it's not that nice to read books on a screen this small despite the quality of the display. The Vidego 24T also has a built in microphone next to the mini USB port and it will record WAV files at 4 to 22KHz.
There's also a file explorer and a games menu. The file explorer allows you to access files on a memory card as well as to browse the files on the device. The game menu seems to be a pointless addition, at least on our device as it didn't come with any pre-installed games and we have no idea what kind of games are supported as again this isn't in the manual.
Finally there's the system setup menu which allows you to adjust things such as the screen brightness, power saving, button beeps, slide show settings, recording settings and language. You can also reset the device back to its original settings here and find out some system information like the firmware revision and space available.
Pressing and holding the play button while you're inside the music menu will bring up a menu which allows you to adjust the equalizer settings, the play mode and something that didn't work which was listed as RW/FF, go figure. The power button here can also be used to select a part of a track or any audio file you want to listen to over and over again, press it once for the start point and one more time for the end point.
The Vidego 24T is only available in 1GB capacity, but the SDHC compatible microSD slot allows you to upgrade this at an affordable price. Apart from the headphones you also get a neck strap and a USB cable in the box. There's a driver CD for Windows 98 users and it also contains a video conversion application which seems to be quite speedy, albeit scarce when it comes to features.
We don't have a price for the Vidego 24T, but you needn't worry about that anyhow, as there's no way we'd tell you to buy this thing. It has a good display and decent sound quality, but that's about all it's got going for itself as the controls are awful and the menu system isn't much better. The build quality is far from great as well, we'd suggest you go spend your money with a more established brand, just as we said in the introduction.
If you're still interested, then you can find out more at Super Talent's website here
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording