Usage and Conclusion
Looking over the menu options, there's the video menu which allows you to play back video files, and the quality on the relatively small screen is surprisingly good. The only options you have is to fast forward or reverse the video and pause it, so no cool gimmicks here. The Photo album allows you to watch pictures and again these look quite good despite the limitations of the screen.
Next up is the built in FM radio and this seemed to have a life of its own. To save a preset you have to press and hold the play/pause button and then select save, choose the position you want to save that radio station at and then verify that that's where you want it to be stored. Of course the default option is no. There's a bar at the bottom of the screen but it doesn't seem to have any kind of correspondence to the frequency shown on the display. But the biggest problem is that there's no way to stop the auto tuning, so it just carries on until it finds a station, which makes it almost impossible to manually tune in a station. You can also only tune the radio up, not down.
There's a built in eBook reader, but we have no idea what file formats it supports apart from plain text files, since nothing is mentioned in the documentation. Having said that, it's not that nice to read books on a screen this small despite the quality of the display. The Vidego 24T also has a built in microphone next to the mini USB port and it will record WAV files at 4 to 22KHz.
There's also a file explorer and a games menu. The file explorer allows you to access files on a memory card as well as to browse the files on the device. The game menu seems to be a pointless addition, at least on our device as it didn't come with any pre-installed games and we have no idea what kind of games are supported as again this isn't in the manual.
Finally there's the system setup menu which allows you to adjust things such as the screen brightness, power saving, button beeps, slide show settings, recording settings and language. You can also reset the device back to its original settings here and find out some system information like the firmware revision and space available.
Pressing and holding the play button while you're inside the music menu will bring up a menu which allows you to adjust the equalizer settings, the play mode and something that didn't work which was listed as RW/FF, go figure. The power button here can also be used to select a part of a track or any audio file you want to listen to over and over again, press it once for the start point and one more time for the end point.
The Vidego 24T is only available in 1GB capacity, but the SDHC compatible microSD slot allows you to upgrade this at an affordable price. Apart from the headphones you also get a neck strap and a USB cable in the box. There's a driver CD for Windows 98 users and it also contains a video conversion application which seems to be quite speedy, albeit scarce when it comes to features.
We don't have a price for the Vidego 24T, but you needn't worry about that anyhow, as there's no way we'd tell you to buy this thing. It has a good display and decent sound quality, but that's about all it's got going for itself as the controls are awful and the menu system isn't much better. The build quality is far from great as well, we'd suggest you go spend your money with a more established brand, just as we said in the introduction.
If you're still interested, then you can find out more at Super Talent's website here
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015