If there was a ten step guide to standing out from the pack, at the top of the list would be "Create a fancy box". It would seem that TwinTech read this and we're introduced with a funky tin package.
When we first looked at the box it was a bit confusing as we didn't know what card we were using so we had to venture forward and have a peek inside. The good news is that the lack of information on the tin is only present in our sample here today. The package that is shipped out for the market has information on the front.
If we have a look at the actual retail package we can see the model clearly along with the fact that it has HDMI, supports HDCP and is an OC Edition using the naming scheme of "XT".
Turning the tin over we have the standard NVIDIA marketing talk on the back about superior image quality and better performance. We also have a link to the TwinTech website along with some additional links to NVIDIA websites.
Moving inside the tin we're greeted with a standard kind of manual that doesn't give us a whole lot of information and also a CD that has a driver for the video card. Of course as always we recommend that you head on over to the NVIDIA website and nab the latest driver.
The cable department is pretty full on with an S-Video cable included along with an S-Video to Component as well. We have a loop back cable for the audio so we get sound through the HDMI port and we not only have a DVI to VGA connector but also a HDMI to DVI connector if you want to use dual DVI monitors at any time.
The inclusion of a HDMI cable would have really sealed the deal but when compared to the HD 2600 PRO offering the package is a step up for sure. The competition is becoming extremely fierce.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.