Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): ASUS Blitz Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Graphics Card(s): Palit 8800GTS 320MB (Supplied by Palit)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Forceware 162.18
We will be attaching the BC-1205PT to our standard test bed. What we'll test is the copy speeds to and from a DVD using both the BC-1205PT and also a Pioneer DVR-212BK DVD Writer/Reader.
Our 50GB Dual Layer movie of choice was Black Hawk Down which packs a total of 43.53GB, while our Single Layer movie was Ice Age 2: The Meltdown which holds a total of 22.69GB. Finally for our DVD portion of testing we use World in Conflict which is a newly released game and uses up a total of 4.16GB.
To test the burning capabilities we use an ISO image of Windows Vista X64 which comes in at a heavy 3.75GB. The blank media we use is from Sony. It's a single layer 4.7GB DVD-R that supports up to 16x burning capabilities.
Nero DiscSpeed 4
The best access times can be seen on the BD-50 disk while we can clearly see that the Pioneer is faster when compared directly to the ASUS BC-1205PT using the same disk.
Burst time across all media on the ASUS BC-1205PT is quite similar while we can see the Pioneer DVR-212BK has a big jump on the ASUS offering.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero DiscSpeed 4]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 Continued]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 - Burning]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- Fully prep for the ITIL Foundation Exam for just $39
- Expert says self-driving cars means more car sex
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched