Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): ASUS Blitz Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Graphics Card(s): Palit 8800GTS 320MB (Supplied by Palit)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Forceware 162.18
We will be attaching the BC-1205PT to our standard test bed. What we'll test is the copy speeds to and from a DVD using both the BC-1205PT and also a Pioneer DVR-212BK DVD Writer/Reader.
Our 50GB Dual Layer movie of choice was Black Hawk Down which packs a total of 43.53GB, while our Single Layer movie was Ice Age 2: The Meltdown which holds a total of 22.69GB. Finally for our DVD portion of testing we use World in Conflict which is a newly released game and uses up a total of 4.16GB.
To test the burning capabilities we use an ISO image of Windows Vista X64 which comes in at a heavy 3.75GB. The blank media we use is from Sony. It's a single layer 4.7GB DVD-R that supports up to 16x burning capabilities.
Nero DiscSpeed 4
The best access times can be seen on the BD-50 disk while we can clearly see that the Pioneer is faster when compared directly to the ASUS BC-1205PT using the same disk.
Burst time across all media on the ASUS BC-1205PT is quite similar while we can see the Pioneer DVR-212BK has a big jump on the ASUS offering.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero DiscSpeed 4]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 Continued]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 - Burning]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines