Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): ASUS Blitz Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Graphics Card(s): Palit 8800GTS 320MB (Supplied by Palit)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Forceware 162.18
We will be attaching the BC-1205PT to our standard test bed. What we'll test is the copy speeds to and from a DVD using both the BC-1205PT and also a Pioneer DVR-212BK DVD Writer/Reader.
Our 50GB Dual Layer movie of choice was Black Hawk Down which packs a total of 43.53GB, while our Single Layer movie was Ice Age 2: The Meltdown which holds a total of 22.69GB. Finally for our DVD portion of testing we use World in Conflict which is a newly released game and uses up a total of 4.16GB.
To test the burning capabilities we use an ISO image of Windows Vista X64 which comes in at a heavy 3.75GB. The blank media we use is from Sony. It's a single layer 4.7GB DVD-R that supports up to 16x burning capabilities.
Nero DiscSpeed 4
The best access times can be seen on the BD-50 disk while we can clearly see that the Pioneer is faster when compared directly to the ASUS BC-1205PT using the same disk.
Burst time across all media on the ASUS BC-1205PT is quite similar while we can see the Pioneer DVR-212BK has a big jump on the ASUS offering.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero DiscSpeed 4]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 Continued]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 - Burning]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Asrock Fatal1ty X99 Pro Gaming 17 motherboard aimed at streamers
- Asrock X99 Taichi 'all-round' motherboard comes in at $219
- AMD's next-gen Radeon RX 480 priced at $199, a mid-range VR champion?
- Watch AMD's Polaris reveal livestream right here
- Japan being Japan teases 8K video streaming over a 5G network
- Z777 PRO4 bios
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans
- New router needed?
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series