Moving onto the drive there is only so much you can say about a ROM. The front facet gives us the Blu-ray Disc logo in a stand out blue color along with ASUS in the middle.
The right gives us the standard RW, DVD, DISC logos and the whole drive comes in at a few millimeters longer then the Pioneer DVR-212BK 16x DVD Burner. Clearly nothing that's going to cause any issues.
Swinging around to the back of the drive we have the standard SATA connector along with the SATA power connector found on SATA hard drives.
The top of the drive has the usual sticker that gives us the manufacturing date, model, brand, power ratings, explanation of the connectors, warning about the laser and the standard rundown on how the product complies with the FCC.
The only thing missing from the whole drive is probably a beige faceplate but fortunately most cases these days offer their own cover for the ROM drive so it doesn't really matter what color the front is; it's not an issue having it match your home theater PC or your standard tower.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero DiscSpeed 4]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 Continued]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 - Burning]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- Australia's biggest mobile telco Telstra hit by nation-wide outages
- iPhones being permanently bricked by 'Error 53'
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance