While the particular version we look at today comes in full retail packaging there is no doubt that an OEM model will be more popular if it comes to the market thanks to the reduced price these products usually carry.
The front of the box shows us a picture of the ROM, the model number along with Blu-ray being mentioned a number of times. Across the bottom we can see that the drive offers 5x BDROM (Blu-ray), 12x DVD-R, 6x DVD-RW, 4x DVD-R(DL) and 5x DVD-RAM. We can also see that technology like FlextraLink and FlextraSpeed are implemented along with the fact that the drive is Serial ATA.
Flextralink offers protection from buffer underruns while FletraSpeeds takes care of on the fly speed adjustments when it comes to reading and writing.
Turning the box over we have some product features, an application chart that pretty much tells you exactly what you can do with the drive, warning, system requirements and the standard array of logos.
Apart from the actual drive itself we also have four screws, a quick install guide in twenty-five languages and a CyberLink BD Solution disc which offers, PowerDVD, PowerProducer, Power2Go, PowerBackup and InstantBurn.
There is only so much you can do with a burner package and it seems like ASUS have covered everything.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero DiscSpeed 4]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 Continued]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 - Burning]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent