While the particular version we look at today comes in full retail packaging there is no doubt that an OEM model will be more popular if it comes to the market thanks to the reduced price these products usually carry.
The front of the box shows us a picture of the ROM, the model number along with Blu-ray being mentioned a number of times. Across the bottom we can see that the drive offers 5x BDROM (Blu-ray), 12x DVD-R, 6x DVD-RW, 4x DVD-R(DL) and 5x DVD-RAM. We can also see that technology like FlextraLink and FlextraSpeed are implemented along with the fact that the drive is Serial ATA.
Flextralink offers protection from buffer underruns while FletraSpeeds takes care of on the fly speed adjustments when it comes to reading and writing.
Turning the box over we have some product features, an application chart that pretty much tells you exactly what you can do with the drive, warning, system requirements and the standard array of logos.
Apart from the actual drive itself we also have four screws, a quick install guide in twenty-five languages and a CyberLink BD Solution disc which offers, PowerDVD, PowerProducer, Power2Go, PowerBackup and InstantBurn.
There is only so much you can do with a burner package and it seems like ASUS have covered everything.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero DiscSpeed 4]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 Continued]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 - Burning]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 trailer recreated in Battlefield 1942
- Fallout 4 modders are tired of console players begging for mods
- Titanfall 2 leaks: release date, grappling hooks, maps and more
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro will feature OLED screen above keyboard
- AMD's next-gen Polaris 10 in CF beats Titan X in leaked benchmarks
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband Review
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition