While the particular version we look at today comes in full retail packaging there is no doubt that an OEM model will be more popular if it comes to the market thanks to the reduced price these products usually carry.
The front of the box shows us a picture of the ROM, the model number along with Blu-ray being mentioned a number of times. Across the bottom we can see that the drive offers 5x BDROM (Blu-ray), 12x DVD-R, 6x DVD-RW, 4x DVD-R(DL) and 5x DVD-RAM. We can also see that technology like FlextraLink and FlextraSpeed are implemented along with the fact that the drive is Serial ATA.
Flextralink offers protection from buffer underruns while FletraSpeeds takes care of on the fly speed adjustments when it comes to reading and writing.
Turning the box over we have some product features, an application chart that pretty much tells you exactly what you can do with the drive, warning, system requirements and the standard array of logos.
Apart from the actual drive itself we also have four screws, a quick install guide in twenty-five languages and a CyberLink BD Solution disc which offers, PowerDVD, PowerProducer, Power2Go, PowerBackup and InstantBurn.
There is only so much you can do with a burner package and it seems like ASUS have covered everything.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero DiscSpeed 4]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 Continued]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Nero DiscSpeed 4 - Burning]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity