No! You're not looking at a HD 2900 XT. Clearly, thanks to the same large cooler that is used on the HD 2900 XT line-up it looks practically identical.
HIS have managed to place their sticker in the center of the fan so we know where the particular card came from but apart from that we have the same flame design that we see on the reference HD 2900 XT. This isn't really a bad thing, the cooler is generally pretty good, while being a little on the loud side at full speed most of the time it's bearable.
As you would expect we have our two Crossfire connectors across the top and power for the card comes in the form of a 6 Pin/8 Pin connector. The 8 Pin connector is generally quite annoying as a lot of top end power supplies still don't have it but on the bright side you can plug a normal 6 Pin power connector in that lets it run like a dream minus the lack of Overdrive support. Fortunately it doesn't stop you overclocking manually.
Also pretty standard we have our Dual DVI connectors of which both offer Dual Link connectivity for those 30" monitor users. We also have our little S-Video like connector which not only outputs video but also accepts it in thanks to the card's VIVO capability.
Moving to the card specs the core comes clocked in at 600MHz while the 512MB of GDDR3 comes in at 1600MHz DDR. To put this in comparison the HD 2900 XT has a 750MHz core and a memory speed of 1650MHz DDR. The PRO variant continues to carry 320 stream processors along with the 512-bit memory bus making the card nothing more than an under-clocked HD 2900 XT which sounds positive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 13 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 06 - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.