Using the new slimmer and smaller boxes which we saw with the HD 2900 XT, HIS have a really nice sleek looking design going on with the HD 2900 PRO, this using the same layout. While we're not too sure what the image on the front of the box is, it looks cool and futuristic none the less and the blue/black combination looks great.
Moving onto the information department it's all very standard, we can clearly see that it's a HIS card along with the fact that it's the HD 2900 PRO. The right side of the box gives us the main features of the card like 512MB of GDDR3 memory along with features like VIVO, Dual Link DVI, HDCP and more. The top left gives us our Vista, HDMI and HDCP logos.
The back of the box continues to give us more information on what the HD 2900 PRO offers along with some more main features of the card. A list of some of the awards that HIS have won are displayed as well.
Moving inside the package we have the very standard line up of extras including the Driver CD along with the normal paperwork. Aside from this we have a few games from Valve. Unfortunately it's not as exciting as TF2 or Portal, we only get a copy of Lost Coast and Half Life 2: Death match. There is also of course the humble Bonus DVD with - wait for it - little longer - almost there - Dungeon Siege *insert the noise of crickets chirping here*. Please HIS we really do beg of you, give us something a bit more exciting than DS. Then of course we have the normal line up of applications that are normally also included on the DVD.
The cable department sees a VIVO cable, HDTV component out cable, two DVI to VGA connectors and a DVI to HDMI connector.
The package is pretty standard from HIS, it's not super exciting but at the same time it could be worse - they could've chosen to include two copies of Dungeon Siege. Let's have a closer look at the card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 13 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 06 - Vista]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset