BFG Tech have done an excellent job with this card, most of the time when you look for a video card that has a cooling solution as good as this we find ourselves taking up multiple slots in the case. BFG Tech has managed to output these cool numbers while still only using a single slot design.
The overall quality and design of the heatsink fan setup is excellent and it feels simply top notch. There really isn't much more you could ask for in an aftermarket solution. Sure we understand that you pay a price premium but not only do you get this exceptional cooling solution but also the pre overclock which helps in some places more than others, as well as a lifetime warranty.
If you're looking for an 8600GTS that packs a bit more punch than the normal run of the mill 8600GTS and cools quite a bit better (which in turn helps us achieve an even better overclock from the extra headroom), this could be the card for you. Sure we understand that it's more expensive but the quality of the product and the extras that BFG Tech offer really help justify the cost of the card.
The most interesting thing we have to wait for now is how the HD 2900 PRO goes and what price it comes in at. The 8600GTS is really in a bit of an uncontested area at the moment but this is about to change with the release of the HD 2900 PRO, so if you're not in a huge hurry it's probably worth waiting the extra few weeks to see what exactly AMD can bring to the table before you throw your hard earned dollars on a mid-range graphics card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset