BFG Tech have done an excellent job with this card, most of the time when you look for a video card that has a cooling solution as good as this we find ourselves taking up multiple slots in the case. BFG Tech has managed to output these cool numbers while still only using a single slot design.
The overall quality and design of the heatsink fan setup is excellent and it feels simply top notch. There really isn't much more you could ask for in an aftermarket solution. Sure we understand that you pay a price premium but not only do you get this exceptional cooling solution but also the pre overclock which helps in some places more than others, as well as a lifetime warranty.
If you're looking for an 8600GTS that packs a bit more punch than the normal run of the mill 8600GTS and cools quite a bit better (which in turn helps us achieve an even better overclock from the extra headroom), this could be the card for you. Sure we understand that it's more expensive but the quality of the product and the extras that BFG Tech offer really help justify the cost of the card.
The most interesting thing we have to wait for now is how the HD 2900 PRO goes and what price it comes in at. The 8600GTS is really in a bit of an uncontested area at the moment but this is about to change with the release of the HD 2900 PRO, so if you're not in a huge hurry it's probably worth waiting the extra few weeks to see what exactly AMD can bring to the table before you throw your hard earned dollars on a mid-range graphics card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break on Steam missing SLI support, DirectX 12
- NX will get Nintendo 'back into the race,' says Ubisoft
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- Get this $100 programmable gaming keyboard for just $55
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now