Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme Q6800 @ 3GHz (9x333MHz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X38-DQ6 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1186 Geil (Supplied by Geil)
Hard Disk: 500GB Seagate 7200.9 (Supplied by Seagate Australia)
Graphics Card(s): MSI ATI Radeon X1950Pro in Crossfire (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling: Gigabyte Neon775 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Drivers: Intel INF 22.214.171.1243, Catalyst 7.9
Our test systems comprise of three boards, all from Gigabyte. First we have our X38-DQ6 running DDR2 memory, our second is the P35-DQ6 running DDR2 memory and lastly there's the P35T-DQ6 running DDR3 memory.
We ran our test systems at stock speeds for a comparison using 9x333MHz to run at 3GHz and use the 1333MHz FSB. While it may seem unfair at stock speed on the X38-DQ6 we used the 1066MHz DDR2 memory divider in order to gain some extra speed, as the board does support this memory speed out of the box. We ran the P35T-DQ6 at 1333MHz DDR3 for stock settings.
At the overclocked level we had the X38-DQ6 running 517MHz with a 7x ratio, the P35-DQ6 at 521MHz with a 7x ratio, and the P35T-DQ6 at 580MHz with a 6x ratio. At the overclocked level, all memory ratios are at 1:1 to eliminate any ratio advantages. It's pure clock here baby.
EVEREST Ultimate Edition
Version and / or Patch Used: 2006
Developer Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
Product Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
EVEREST Ultimate Edition is an industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. During system optimizations and tweaking it provides essential system and overclock information, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities to check the effects of the applied settings. CPU, FPU and memory benchmarks are available to measure the actual system performance and compare it to previous states or other systems.
At stock speeds the X38 beats out the P35 with DDR2 and almost even gets ahead of the P35 using DDR3. At overclocked it can't compete due to the lower clocked FSB and memory against DDR3. However it's slightly better than the P35 DDR2 at overclocked speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Quick Rundown on the X38 Chipset]
- Page 4 [Inside the Box]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Results]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair