Desktop hard disks have had to improve over the last five years to keep up with the increasing speeds in processors as well as the speed and size of memory. Games now fun faster thanks to SLI and Crossfire graphics, but what good is that if you have to wait an eternity for your system to boot or games to load thanks to a slow clunky hard disk drive?
Not only has the hard disk had to gain performance, it has also needed to grow in size. Operating systems, multimedia applications, videos, audio files and even games have increased in size over the years, making drives like the 7K1000 almost a necessity if you want to future-proof yourself a bit.
Hitachi has done a great job with the 7K1000 and we find ourselves going as far as saying that it's one of the best hard drives we have had the pleasure of reviewing. While Western Digital's Raptor drives are quick, they are also quite expensive and lack the SATA 3.0Gbps support, making them somewhat ancient in comparison. While 10,000 RPM is nice, we have seen the Deskstar's performance and know it to be almost identical to results we have previously witnessed from 10K Raptors, this thanks to the whopping 32MB of cache onboard and 3.0Gbps throughput.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andy Rubin's Essential phone is stunning and powerful
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card