Desktop hard disks have had to improve over the last five years to keep up with the increasing speeds in processors as well as the speed and size of memory. Games now fun faster thanks to SLI and Crossfire graphics, but what good is that if you have to wait an eternity for your system to boot or games to load thanks to a slow clunky hard disk drive?
Not only has the hard disk had to gain performance, it has also needed to grow in size. Operating systems, multimedia applications, videos, audio files and even games have increased in size over the years, making drives like the 7K1000 almost a necessity if you want to future-proof yourself a bit.
Hitachi has done a great job with the 7K1000 and we find ourselves going as far as saying that it's one of the best hard drives we have had the pleasure of reviewing. While Western Digital's Raptor drives are quick, they are also quite expensive and lack the SATA 3.0Gbps support, making them somewhat ancient in comparison. While 10,000 RPM is nice, we have seen the Deskstar's performance and know it to be almost identical to results we have previously witnessed from 10K Raptors, this thanks to the whopping 32MB of cache onboard and 3.0Gbps throughput.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now