After installing a system in the COSMOS I had no issues or problems. All of the features discussed simply worked as they were supposed to. All drives were securely installed and cable clutter was easily tucked away to establish maximum airflow throughout the case. While I did not load all hard drive bays to capacity, I had no overheating issues with three hard drives in place. I did however use a bit of common sense and did not stack them all on the same row, but separated them as much as possible to maximize the cooling that was being provided to them.
While I generally have issues with an enclosure that does not have a removable motherboard tray, there were no problems with the COSMOS due to its huge size. Even a large handed builder will have no problems with getting into this case and getting right to work.
I liked the innovation brought forth by Cooler Master and enjoyed a near tool-free installation of the entire system. The system was not totally silent since I use a video board with a vacuum cleaner motor attached, but the noise levels were a good deal less than I have become accustomed to. This is certainly something that I could get used to very quickly. Cooling was ample and I had no overheating issues with any system components, but I still believe that there needs to be some sort of active cooling in place for the hard drive tower.
As far as price is concerned, you can expect to give up in the neighborhood of $200US for the COSMOS 1000 enclosure. While that may seem a bit steep, a quick search of similarly equipped full tower cases with six HDD bays and solid cooling shows that other contenders are running at about $100 more, so value is not out of line at all. Cooler Master seems to have done a good deal of work to keep the price point well under the community average.
Overall I would have to say that while not a perfect product, value and features allow the COSMOS 1000 to be a very solid enclosure that should work well for any building enthusiast and it also contains features for the hardcore among us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni