Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo e6600 @ 2.4GHz
Video Card(s): Palit HD 2600 PRO Sonic and Palit HD 2600 XT Sonic(Supplied by Palit)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Kingston DDR-2 800MHz 3-3-4-12 (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk(s): Samsung 250GB 7200RPM SATA-2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Catalyst 7.8 and DX9c
As a gaming machine your video card options aren't fantastic, you're limited to at best a mid-range graphics card from AMD or NVIDIA. If you still want to have HDMI your cards are even more limited. Your best choice is the HD 2600 PRO Sonic from Palit, it offers a little bit of punch thanks to it coming pre-overclocked and also carries a native HDMI port; the other benefit to it being a single slot card is that it helps keep air flow restriction to a minimum.
What we have done today is test the SG33G5 Pro with the standard on-board G33 video and also with the HD 2600 PRO installed. If the PRO isn't enough punch and HDMI isn't important to you we have also seen how the HD 2600 XT Sonic from Palit goes which is one of the best mid-range cards available on the market at the moment.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 130
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here
Straight away we can see that the onboard G33 graphics isn't capable of much compared to that of the HD 2600 PRO and HD 2600 XT.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications