One of the better features of the XPC was that it was never a drama to get your system in and have everything up and running. The latest SG33G5 continues to have the same benefit with the installation taking a lot less time than it would to build a whole system up.
The best method we found was to open up the case and remove the cradle that holds the hard drive. From there we remove the ICE cooling solution and insert our lovely Core 2 Duo e6600 in with very little effort.
Once that's done we install the memory into the two slots, and with the hard drive now mounted into the cradle we install that back into the case.
If you want a bit more grunt over what the integrated graphics solution offers, you can install a video card and we found that the HD 2600 PRO Sonic from Palit was a beautiful fit and continues to give us HDMI thanks to it being on the video card.
The worst part about the installation was the fact that you have to set a jumper depending on whether you use the onboard video or a separate PCI Express card. Jumpers are so pre-2000 and Shuttle should have thought about this. It's not all that difficult, just frustrating.
With the Dell 30" being occupied by our normal test system it was time to install on our other available monitor at the time. :)
Overall the setup of the whole system was an absolute breeze and this is one of the best features of Shuttle. There is just no stuffing around, you can set up and be in windows in no time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now