One of the better features of the XPC was that it was never a drama to get your system in and have everything up and running. The latest SG33G5 continues to have the same benefit with the installation taking a lot less time than it would to build a whole system up.
The best method we found was to open up the case and remove the cradle that holds the hard drive. From there we remove the ICE cooling solution and insert our lovely Core 2 Duo e6600 in with very little effort.
Once that's done we install the memory into the two slots, and with the hard drive now mounted into the cradle we install that back into the case.
If you want a bit more grunt over what the integrated graphics solution offers, you can install a video card and we found that the HD 2600 PRO Sonic from Palit was a beautiful fit and continues to give us HDMI thanks to it being on the video card.
The worst part about the installation was the fact that you have to set a jumper depending on whether you use the onboard video or a separate PCI Express card. Jumpers are so pre-2000 and Shuttle should have thought about this. It's not all that difficult, just frustrating.
With the Dell 30" being occupied by our normal test system it was time to install on our other available monitor at the time. :)
Overall the setup of the whole system was an absolute breeze and this is one of the best features of Shuttle. There is just no stuffing around, you can set up and be in windows in no time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- Resident Evil 7's campaign takes 14-16 hours to beat
- Worms WMD is getting an update on December 7
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair