Usage Testing - Connection Manager
Now that everything is setup, installed and ready to go we are all set to test the C100 and see how it actually performs in some real-world testing, starting with the Connection Manager.
We will start off by checking out the Connection Manager (CM) and then move on. We weren't expecting much from the CM but it actually has some useful tools and information presented. On the main start-up screen it tells you which network you are connected to, what connection speed it is currently using (WCDMA or HSDPA and so on), how long you have been connected, how much you have downloaded and uploaded in kilobytes (KB). Near the top there is also a green signal strength bar which is handy for initial setup and making sure the C100 antenna is positioned properly.
It goes deeper than that though. Starting from the bottom icons we have the "Compose" button which takes us to the area that allows us to send and receive SMS messages. It's very simple to send a text message as you can see below.
The next button allows us to switch RF mode to flight mode for takeoff and landing. The next button takes us to the settings area which is full of useful goodies.
We won't provide screenshots for all these options but in this area you can do numerous things such as: enable "auto connect on startup", select CM language, enable or disable new SMS alerts, change SIM PIN codes, select what type of connection mode you want to use (3G/3.5G Only, 3G (including 3.5G) First or 2G Only), select your frequency band which is set to worldwide by default, so you shouldn't need to touch it. The final option is network settings where you can manually pick which network you want to use; this is handy if you are crazy enough to use HSDPA global roaming when you are outside of your country.
Going even further there is a contacts section where you can backup phone numbers stored on your SIM and restore them at a later point. The information section is important as it has an area which provides real-time details about your signal strength which is handy for tweaking and trying to find the most ideal position for the antenna to sit and face.
Finally for the CM is the statistics area which provides real-time information about your active download and upload speeds in graphical format, as you can see from the screenshot above. It's basically got everything covered!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Skyrim: Special Edition already has 73 console mods
- GIVEAWAY: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4G / 2G
- Google buys VR eye-tracking startup company
- Get the latest update for Pokémon GO on Android and iOS
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now