With 4ns memory installed to this board, its pretty much a given that overclocking will be in order. So of course I just had to give it a try to see what I could do with the stock HSF attached and a standard setup. My results showed that this card would run very smoothly with a core frequency of 195MHz and memory speed set to 225MHz (effectively 450MHz - DDR). This is very close to the settings of the original GeForce3 for the core, but still a little off the mark with the memory. Perhaps with some better cooling in place we could get more, but I was just sticking to the retail setup for these tests.
Even so, the ability to overclock is here, so take advantage of it. After all, would a company include a utility that allows adjustments to the clock speeds if they didn't intend for folks to use it?
OK... Now that we have seen the performance of this card against others that are its competition, I can say that this is a pretty good investment. While it doesn't put out the sheer numbers of the original GeForce3 card, it does manage to give you ALL of the functionality of the GeForce3 chipset. It also manages to do this at a price that is roughly US$150 cheaper than the newer Ti500 cards, and about US$80-100 less than even the original GeForce3 cards. Now are we seeing the reasoning for the wise investment?
Bottom line... If you have a bottomless wallet, then look at the big boy Ti500 series of video card. If, on the other hand, you have to live on a budget like the rest of us folks, then take a hard look at this board. It offers full GeForce3 capabilities, 64MB of DDR memory, and a price tag that won't leave you a months salary in debt.
Slower 4ns memory
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Eloon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog