With 4ns memory installed to this board, its pretty much a given that overclocking will be in order. So of course I just had to give it a try to see what I could do with the stock HSF attached and a standard setup. My results showed that this card would run very smoothly with a core frequency of 195MHz and memory speed set to 225MHz (effectively 450MHz - DDR). This is very close to the settings of the original GeForce3 for the core, but still a little off the mark with the memory. Perhaps with some better cooling in place we could get more, but I was just sticking to the retail setup for these tests.
Even so, the ability to overclock is here, so take advantage of it. After all, would a company include a utility that allows adjustments to the clock speeds if they didn't intend for folks to use it?
OK... Now that we have seen the performance of this card against others that are its competition, I can say that this is a pretty good investment. While it doesn't put out the sheer numbers of the original GeForce3 card, it does manage to give you ALL of the functionality of the GeForce3 chipset. It also manages to do this at a price that is roughly US$150 cheaper than the newer Ti500 cards, and about US$80-100 less than even the original GeForce3 cards. Now are we seeing the reasoning for the wise investment?
Bottom line... If you have a bottomless wallet, then look at the big boy Ti500 series of video card. If, on the other hand, you have to live on a budget like the rest of us folks, then take a hard look at this board. It offers full GeForce3 capabilities, 64MB of DDR memory, and a price tag that won't leave you a months salary in debt.
Slower 4ns memory
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance