Intel's 3 series chipsets are extremely capable, even the G33 which takes its place in the OEM and integrated market segment; it was never designed to take the place of the P35. If you're going to run it at stock speeds in a basic system, G33 isn't a bad option as its performance using a dedicated graphics card is right on top of the P35. If you're going to overclock though you're best off keeping clear of the G33.
Foxconn's reputation for cheap boards continues, as the G33M board comes in at a good price for its features and design it's on par with most of the budget G33 boards. While we haven't had a chance to test many G33 boards yet, we are a little disappointed that the overclocking of the Foxconn G33M topped out at only 438MHz, this being due to the lack of voltage and bus options in the BIOS. With more voltage to the CPU, northbridge chipset and memory we possibly could have gotten close to 500MHz, but Foxconn has let us down.
The G33M also had a few black marks against its name in the features department. The exclusion of the two SATA ports provided by the JMicron chip could have gone to use as e.SATA ports, and a better documentation manual for offline installs would have been a much nicer design as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4