Intel's 3 series chipsets are extremely capable, even the G33 which takes its place in the OEM and integrated market segment; it was never designed to take the place of the P35. If you're going to run it at stock speeds in a basic system, G33 isn't a bad option as its performance using a dedicated graphics card is right on top of the P35. If you're going to overclock though you're best off keeping clear of the G33.
Foxconn's reputation for cheap boards continues, as the G33M board comes in at a good price for its features and design it's on par with most of the budget G33 boards. While we haven't had a chance to test many G33 boards yet, we are a little disappointed that the overclocking of the Foxconn G33M topped out at only 438MHz, this being due to the lack of voltage and bus options in the BIOS. With more voltage to the CPU, northbridge chipset and memory we possibly could have gotten close to 500MHz, but Foxconn has let us down.
The G33M also had a few black marks against its name in the features department. The exclusion of the two SATA ports provided by the JMicron chip could have gone to use as e.SATA ports, and a better documentation manual for offline installs would have been a much nicer design as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017