Below is a table showing just a few of the differences between the Geforce2 MX chipsets that are currently available.
We can see there isn't much difference in memory bandwidth or memory setup between the original MX1 and the MX400. The only real difference here is a faster core clock. The Geforce2 MX200, however, is a different story. The maximum memory buffer has been lowered to 32MB and the bit rate has been sliced from 128bit to 64bit, leaving one huge gap in performance. Looks like the GF2 MX200 is going to be another TNT2M64.
Features of the ABIT Siluro GF2 MX400
The photo above shows the new power behind the ABIT Siluro GF2 MX400. Using the new nVidia GF2 MX400 chipset, the ABIT Siluro runs at a default core speed of 200MHz. While the original GF2 MX specifications didn't require a heatsink for the chipset, we are now running the MX400 at overclocked speeds. ABIT has followed nVidia's new specifications and added a rather large green passive cooling heatsink to the GPU. Unfortunately, it is only applied by frag tape and thus doesn't get a very good thermal transfer. Clips and goo would have been more preferable, or a HSF combo would have been even nicer. Now that we have seen the core, lets take a look at the RAM.
The Siluro MX400 uses 8x8MB EliteMT 6ns SDR SDRAM modules for a total of 64MB of SDR SDRAM. These babies run at a default clock of 166MHz, but of course you can squeeze up to 200Mhz+ out of 6ns memory. These 6ns RAM chips are the same chips ABIT used on its original GF2 MX, so memory overclocking should be the same as the old ABIT GF2 MX...which was well above the rest of the pack last time.
The ABIT Siluro GF2 MX400, despite already being an overclocked GF2MX chipset, was still surprisingly overclockable. Core speeds reached 212MHz and memory reached 221MHz in our testing. Rather excellent!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's first Intel 200-series chipset motherboard is feature heavy
- Access over 1,200 business and IT courses with Career Academy
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GALAX unveils new prismatic Gamer Series DDR4 RAM lineup
- New ASUS ROG Swift monitor can hit 180Hz with NVIDIA G-Sync
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream