Below is a table showing just a few of the differences between the Geforce2 MX chipsets that are currently available.
We can see there isn't much difference in memory bandwidth or memory setup between the original MX1 and the MX400. The only real difference here is a faster core clock. The Geforce2 MX200, however, is a different story. The maximum memory buffer has been lowered to 32MB and the bit rate has been sliced from 128bit to 64bit, leaving one huge gap in performance. Looks like the GF2 MX200 is going to be another TNT2M64.
Features of the ABIT Siluro GF2 MX400
The photo above shows the new power behind the ABIT Siluro GF2 MX400. Using the new nVidia GF2 MX400 chipset, the ABIT Siluro runs at a default core speed of 200MHz. While the original GF2 MX specifications didn't require a heatsink for the chipset, we are now running the MX400 at overclocked speeds. ABIT has followed nVidia's new specifications and added a rather large green passive cooling heatsink to the GPU. Unfortunately, it is only applied by frag tape and thus doesn't get a very good thermal transfer. Clips and goo would have been more preferable, or a HSF combo would have been even nicer. Now that we have seen the core, lets take a look at the RAM.
The Siluro MX400 uses 8x8MB EliteMT 6ns SDR SDRAM modules for a total of 64MB of SDR SDRAM. These babies run at a default clock of 166MHz, but of course you can squeeze up to 200Mhz+ out of 6ns memory. These 6ns RAM chips are the same chips ABIT used on its original GF2 MX, so memory overclocking should be the same as the old ABIT GF2 MX...which was well above the rest of the pack last time.
The ABIT Siluro GF2 MX400, despite already being an overclocked GF2MX chipset, was still surprisingly overclockable. Core speeds reached 212MHz and memory reached 221MHz in our testing. Rather excellent!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Quite a few' of THQ Nordic's new games are from THQ IPs
- PS4 Slim: 1.84 TFLOPs, HDD swapping, no 4K or HDR
- No Man's Sky concurrent players tanks by 90% on Steam
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's patch fixes some issues on PC
- No Man's Sky mod lets you travel underwater, and more
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller