The Taiwanese motherboard manufacturer known as ABIT are well known for their great line of Intel and AMD motherboards. ABIT were among the first companies to introduce software controlled overclocking options of our processors through the BIOS; this was called Softmenu.
It has only been recently that ABIT jumped into the multimedia market with their range of Siluro brand video cards. ABit's first success was based on the original nVidia Riva TNT2 Ultra graphics chipset and had 32MB of SGRAM. However, this little beauty still fell behind ASUS and Diamond in overclockability and overall performance. ABIT then released the Siluro GF256. This new card was based on the nVidia GeForce DDR chipset and used 32MB of DDR SDRAM. This card was a hit, with its overclockability and overall performance beating most of the competition. When the nVidia GeForce2 GTS GPU was introduced, ABIT took its time with the release of their next card, titled the Siluro GF2 GTS.
With the release of the value market GF2 chipset titled the MX series, ABIT immediately launched its value market card; the Siluro GF2 MX. This card used the original GF2MX GPU and 32MB of SDR SDRAM. Due to ATi releasing the G450 chipset and the introduction of the Kryo II chipset, nVidia needed to release a faster yet cheaper chipset to compete and eliminate the competition. So nVidia took the GF2MX chipset and re-designed them into two models; the GF2-MX200 and GF2-MX400. Today, ABIT has been kind enough to supply us with one of their latest creations in the Graphics world; the ABIT Siluro GF2 MX400.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards