Package and Contents
GIGABYTE's DQ6 series of motherboards is their crème de la crème. Compared to the ASUS line-up, DQ6 is like the ASUS ROG series, no expense is spared. The box certainly demonstrates this. The package is huge, similar in size to the ASUS ROG boards packaging. The board is encased in a plastic blister and the accessories in a separate cardboard box that sits under the blister, very secure transport packaging. The front of the box as usual has no info which really gives any insight on the board, just the model number along with the fact that it supports Intel's Core 2 series of CPUs.
The back of the box is where you get all the info you're going to need to make your choice. No expense is spared on the info. Features of the board as well as some marketing hype is placed on the back along with the full colour photo of the board with box-outs pointing to the main features on the board, another nice added bonus so you know even more about what you're getting.
GIGABYTE's included documentation is extremely in-depth with its coverage. The hardware installation guide book is a quick install pamphlet that gives you all the location of the board headers so you can install the board into your case without having to use the manual. For a more detailed explanation of the hardware and setup features, the included manual is extremely informative.
GIGABYTE's DQ6 series have always come with a great accessories bundle, after all if you're paying some big bickies for a board, you would like to get a few little extras. Thanks to the ICH9R powering the board you get a total of twelve USB ports, four of which are on the back of the board through the I/O shield, leaving you eight extra ports to use in the form of headers on the board. In the accessories bundle you get 4 extra boards that you can place in any spare PCI slot covers. You get two covers with two ports on each, totalling four. GIGABYTE doesn't provide any e.SATA ports on the board itself, to this end two PCI cover brackets are included with two e.SATA ports per cover. These have SATA data cables, if you want to use these you have to plug them into any spare SATA ports on the board, giving you e.SATA capabilities, a
Four SATA data cables, one IDE, one FDD and two e.SATA cables are included in terms of the DATA side of things. Two Molex-to-SATA power converter cables are included for hooking drives to the e.SATA ports. Lastly, an I/O shield is included for you to install the board into your ATX case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- Page 4 [The Board]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Worldbench]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis