Once everything is said and done, the MX-2 compound from Arctic Cooling has shown that it is up to the challenge of taking on the big guns known as Arctic Silver. While not a huge difference in temperature, it is an improvement and totally safe to your components as well. After all, even enthusiasts have to live within a budget.
As far as price is concerned, MX-2 has a suggested MSRP of $7.95US, so it's in the same realm as competitive products. If you happen to find yourself in the market for this stuff, make sure to get the MX-2 variety as many retailers are still carrying the older MX-1 product. While not bad, it is not as good as this newer compound.
Bottom line...With so many peripherals becoming hotter during use, a quality TIM is a vital consideration. Arctic Cooling MX-2 is a very solid performer that can outperform the big gun, is totally non-conductive and has a minimum life span of eight years. This is some serious goop here, so those who are satisfied with the little packet that comes with modern coolers need not apply.
Excellent temperature control
Non-metallic equals nonconductive
Long life span after application
Not readily available (yet)
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand