Once everything is said and done, the MX-2 compound from Arctic Cooling has shown that it is up to the challenge of taking on the big guns known as Arctic Silver. While not a huge difference in temperature, it is an improvement and totally safe to your components as well. After all, even enthusiasts have to live within a budget.
As far as price is concerned, MX-2 has a suggested MSRP of $7.95US, so it's in the same realm as competitive products. If you happen to find yourself in the market for this stuff, make sure to get the MX-2 variety as many retailers are still carrying the older MX-1 product. While not bad, it is not as good as this newer compound.
Bottom line...With so many peripherals becoming hotter during use, a quality TIM is a vital consideration. Arctic Cooling MX-2 is a very solid performer that can outperform the big gun, is totally non-conductive and has a minimum life span of eight years. This is some serious goop here, so those who are satisfied with the little packet that comes with modern coolers need not apply.
Excellent temperature control
Non-metallic equals nonconductive
Long life span after application
Not readily available (yet)
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse