Once everything is said and done, the MX-2 compound from Arctic Cooling has shown that it is up to the challenge of taking on the big guns known as Arctic Silver. While not a huge difference in temperature, it is an improvement and totally safe to your components as well. After all, even enthusiasts have to live within a budget.
As far as price is concerned, MX-2 has a suggested MSRP of $7.95US, so it's in the same realm as competitive products. If you happen to find yourself in the market for this stuff, make sure to get the MX-2 variety as many retailers are still carrying the older MX-1 product. While not bad, it is not as good as this newer compound.
Bottom line...With so many peripherals becoming hotter during use, a quality TIM is a vital consideration. Arctic Cooling MX-2 is a very solid performer that can outperform the big gun, is totally non-conductive and has a minimum life span of eight years. This is some serious goop here, so those who are satisfied with the little packet that comes with modern coolers need not apply.
Excellent temperature control
Non-metallic equals nonconductive
Long life span after application
Not readily available (yet)
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications