Moving onto the card, the first thing you notice is the rather beefy aftermarket cooler.
We have the normal SLI connector which we see on all 8600 series cards, but the biggest surprise comes with the power connector for the card. For some reason MSI have opted to use a standard 4-pin molex connector instead of the typical 6-pin PCI-Express connector we find more often. While this is nice, to be completely honest even the cheapest power supplies offer a PCI-Express power connector these days, so the benefits of using the standard molex connector aren't really as big as they once would've been..
I/O wise we have our DVI port which offers full support for up to 2560 x 1600 along with our TV-Out port. Also included is the all important HDMI port which makes this card the Diamond Plus. The only thing is that the front of the box says "Dual DVI", when you read this you would tend to think we have two DVI ports, if it was in reference to the fact that the DVI port supported "Dual-Link", then that should have been made a little clearer.
Getting a bit deeper into the card, we have with us a 675MHz core and a 2000MHz memory clock which is standard for the 8600GTS. The biggest feature of the card though is clearly the inclusion of the HDMI adapter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 12 [Pricing - AUD]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent