So there you have it, the Gigabyte GSmart t600, the first mobile phone with three digital TV tuners built-in. It's not the best Windows Mobile device we've seen, but it does have its charms. It might not be the prettiest of phones either, but it's slightly smaller than most other Windows Mobile devices which sport a touch screen.
It has a wide range of applications as standard and it's got quite good specifications, but our review sample suffered from a few niggles which need to be ironed out before retail units are being shipped. Let's hope that Gigabyte changes the stylus around slightly and adds a point to it.
It's also not going to be cheap, the expected retail price here in Taiwan without any subsidy from the network carrier is expected to be around $20,000 NT (or $688 AUD). However this might be different depending on the market where you purchase it and if any network providers offer it at a subsidised price. Had it been a 3G handset it would have most likely had more interest from the various network providers; but as it stands, this handset seems to have ended up in a niche market.
Overall, the Gigabyte GSmart t600 isn't a bad device, it's just not competitive enough with other Windows Mobile devices out there, TV tuner or not. However, it shows the potential Gigabyte has and we'd expect to see it improve upon its phones as new models arrive.
Built-in digital TV tuners
Plenty of storage memory
microSD card slot
Memory leaks in our review sample
Sluggish response at times
Some design issues
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis