Since most of the heatsinks coming out are designed for higher spec systems, I have forgone the 1000MHz and 1100MHz tests. This will allow us to concentrate on whether or not the sink can perform up to today's standard levels. After all, with the budget systems coming in at 1.2GHz and higher, it's time to set the mark just a bit higher in our heatsink comparisons.
That said, here is the test system that we are working with:
Antec SX1030 Tower Case w/ 170-CFM Airflow
AMD Thunderbird 1000 @ 1333 (AVIA)
256MB Crucial PC133 SDRAM
IBM GXP60 40GB Hard Drive
Prolink XX-Player GeForce3
Arctic Silver II
The core voltage of the processor is set to 1.8v, and memory is set to the standard 3.3v. Ambient air temperature was sitting at 21C and didn't fluctuate during testing. Processor speed was firmly at 1333MHz, which puts out about 73.6 watts of heat.
Testing will consist of measuring the temperatures at idle, after a Quake III Arena Deathmatch, and after a continuous looping of 3dMark2001. These are the main types of stresses that today's systems face, so we'll concentrate on them.
So how did the Alpha perform under pressure? Let's find out
OK, let's see what we have here. A heatsink that performs at nearly the same level as the Gladiator, but doesn't knock the paint off the walls because of the high noise levels. I think that may be a satisfactory tradeoff for having to remove the motherboard to install it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Gearbox working on a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D
- Huawei unveils its new high-end Honor 8 smartphone
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller