Mini-ITX is the definite platform of choice for the Car PC and Home Theatre PCs. Its size is extremely efficient, and it packs everything you need on a single board. Slap in some RAM, a CPU, HDD and off you go. If you have a VIA setup, memory is all you need to be able to power up the system.
VIA's setups are extremely efficient for the Car PC environment, with their extremely energy efficient design, cool running and quiet characteristics making them an extremely desirable solution. If you want something for the HTPC, a more powerful CPU is required. This is where Albatron's AM2 board manages to fill the void.
Being able to run a CPU at up to 3GHz, dual channel DDR-II memory and a much more powerful graphics system makes it the more desirable setup for the digital age. Albatron's board here has proven that.
Its ability to run dual monitor, dual channel DDR-II memory and the inclusion of digital audio and HDMI ports makes it hard to refuse.
Dual channel DDR-II memory support
Up to four SATA HDDs with RAID support
X1250 graphics core faster than the GeForce 6150
Would be nice to have a PCI-Express slot for further expansion
Doesn't support Athlon FX processors
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Creative teams with Twitch on level up race in WoW
- Nintendo NX prototype was a tablet and docking station
- CD Projekt RED now worth over $1 billion
- Choose a side in our 'Captain America' Blu-ray giveaway
- UK retailer offers HTC Vive headset on monthly payments
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop