Mini-ITX is the definite platform of choice for the Car PC and Home Theatre PCs. Its size is extremely efficient, and it packs everything you need on a single board. Slap in some RAM, a CPU, HDD and off you go. If you have a VIA setup, memory is all you need to be able to power up the system.
VIA's setups are extremely efficient for the Car PC environment, with their extremely energy efficient design, cool running and quiet characteristics making them an extremely desirable solution. If you want something for the HTPC, a more powerful CPU is required. This is where Albatron's AM2 board manages to fill the void.
Being able to run a CPU at up to 3GHz, dual channel DDR-II memory and a much more powerful graphics system makes it the more desirable setup for the digital age. Albatron's board here has proven that.
Its ability to run dual monitor, dual channel DDR-II memory and the inclusion of digital audio and HDMI ports makes it hard to refuse.
Dual channel DDR-II memory support
Up to four SATA HDDs with RAID support
X1250 graphics core faster than the GeForce 6150
Would be nice to have a PCI-Express slot for further expansion
Doesn't support Athlon FX processors
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset