Mini-ITX is the definite platform of choice for the Car PC and Home Theatre PCs. Its size is extremely efficient, and it packs everything you need on a single board. Slap in some RAM, a CPU, HDD and off you go. If you have a VIA setup, memory is all you need to be able to power up the system.
VIA's setups are extremely efficient for the Car PC environment, with their extremely energy efficient design, cool running and quiet characteristics making them an extremely desirable solution. If you want something for the HTPC, a more powerful CPU is required. This is where Albatron's AM2 board manages to fill the void.
Being able to run a CPU at up to 3GHz, dual channel DDR-II memory and a much more powerful graphics system makes it the more desirable setup for the digital age. Albatron's board here has proven that.
Its ability to run dual monitor, dual channel DDR-II memory and the inclusion of digital audio and HDMI ports makes it hard to refuse.
Dual channel DDR-II memory support
Up to four SATA HDDs with RAID support
X1250 graphics core faster than the GeForce 6150
Would be nice to have a PCI-Express slot for further expansion
Doesn't support Athlon FX processors
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni