Mini-ITX is the definite platform of choice for the Car PC and Home Theatre PCs. Its size is extremely efficient, and it packs everything you need on a single board. Slap in some RAM, a CPU, HDD and off you go. If you have a VIA setup, memory is all you need to be able to power up the system.
VIA's setups are extremely efficient for the Car PC environment, with their extremely energy efficient design, cool running and quiet characteristics making them an extremely desirable solution. If you want something for the HTPC, a more powerful CPU is required. This is where Albatron's AM2 board manages to fill the void.
Being able to run a CPU at up to 3GHz, dual channel DDR-II memory and a much more powerful graphics system makes it the more desirable setup for the digital age. Albatron's board here has proven that.
Its ability to run dual monitor, dual channel DDR-II memory and the inclusion of digital audio and HDMI ports makes it hard to refuse.
Dual channel DDR-II memory support
Up to four SATA HDDs with RAID support
X1250 graphics core faster than the GeForce 6150
Would be nice to have a PCI-Express slot for further expansion
Doesn't support Athlon FX processors
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MEGA GIVEAWAY: AMD Threadripper 16c/32t Upgrade Kit!
- 4K gaming audience is 'too limited' for Nintendo
- AMD EPYC: 64C/128T dual-CPU against Intel 56C/112T CPUs
- Samsung is close to the world's most profitable company
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller