Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Supplied by Intel)
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DQ6 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1066 Corsair (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk: 2x 250GB Seagate 7200.9 SATA-II (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: 2x MSI Radeon X1950 Pro in Crossfire (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling: Gigabyte Neon775 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Intel INF 184.108.40.2063, ATI Catalyst 7.3 and HighPoint RR2314 2.0
Today we have a new test system setup as we are now moving from an ICH8 based board to the ICH9 series. This southbridge hasn't provided any faster transfer rates than the ICH8, but we like to stick with the latest.
We have pitted the HighPoint RocketRAID 2314 against the ICH9R southbridge using a RAID 0 array since it provides the fastest speeds possible out of all of the RAID formats. While not as secure as RAID 5 or 10, it's still the choice for gamers and enthusiasts when it comes to pure speed.
We used the ICH9R's southbridge RAID along with the built-in JMicron RAID (also in RAID 0) controller that Gigabyte puts on its board. We also did single drive tests comparing eSATA to external USB HDD enclosures.
Let's get this show on the road!
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.3.0
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/pcmark04/
PCMark is a multipurpose benchmark, suited for benchmarking all kinds of PCs, from laptops to workstations, as well as across multiple Windows operating systems. This easy-to-use benchmark makes professional strength benchmarking software available even to novice users. PCMark consists of a series of tests that represent common tasks in home and office programs. PCMark also covers many additional areas outside the scope of other MadOnion.com benchmarks.
In our first tests, the ICH9R and RocketRAID perform identically. This could be partly due to the use of the PCI-Express x4 bus for extra data transfer rates between the controller and the PC itself.
Our single drive tests were not run here because we can't run Windows off a USB drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Loading Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20