For testing, I used my regular testing setup, which includes the following:
Antec SX-1030 Case w/ 170-CFM Airflow
Abit KT7A-RAID Motherboard
AMD Thunderbird 1000 (AVIA)
2 x 128MB Crucial PC133 SDRAM
Prolink XX-Player GeForce3
Testing was done by running the SiSoft Sandra Memory Benchmark Test two times in a row and then measuring the temperatures when it posted its results. This allowed for the memory to get plenty of activity so that we could see just how much difference the active cooling really made.
Results with no cooling in place:
Results with Thermaltake kit:
Not too shabby! 5-CFM equals about 5 degrees Celsius. Since my ambient temperature at testing time was 20.5, we're seeing less than a 7 degree rise in temperature when using the active cooling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards