ECS has gone for something a bit different in the BIOS department, using an AMI setup. Its setup is almost identical to that of the more common Award setups, so going to AMI isn't as hard as you may think. AMI has picked up over the last few years with its tweak-ability.
ECS doesn't provide any overclocking options on this board, so we can't gauge it compared to that of the P35 chipset. Only a ratio divider option and voltage adjustments for the memory are provided.
Lastly we have a look at the Intel shared memory system for its integrated graphics. There are two modes you can have - fixed and DVMT. Fixed is when you set a certain amount of memory to be used for the frame buffer. You can have either 128MB or 256MB. In fixed mode this memory is always allocated to the graphics system. When you check in Windows, your system memory will be what you installed less either 256MB or 128MB.
In DVMT mode, only 8MB is allocated to the graphics card when in 2D operations. When you go to 3D applications a further amount of memory is allocated to give either 256MB of 128MB, depending on what you set in the BIOS. We used DVMT with 256MB total setup, so in our 2D application tests we had the most amount of system memory free.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Alphacool unveil AMD Radeon RX Vega cooling solutions
- Intel: 8700K is 11% faster than 7700K
- ARK Survival Evolved dedicated servers go live on PS4
- Shenmue III secures publishing deal with Deep Silver
- Elite Dangerous exceeds 2.75 million copies sold
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes