ECS has gone for something a bit different in the BIOS department, using an AMI setup. Its setup is almost identical to that of the more common Award setups, so going to AMI isn't as hard as you may think. AMI has picked up over the last few years with its tweak-ability.
ECS doesn't provide any overclocking options on this board, so we can't gauge it compared to that of the P35 chipset. Only a ratio divider option and voltage adjustments for the memory are provided.
Lastly we have a look at the Intel shared memory system for its integrated graphics. There are two modes you can have - fixed and DVMT. Fixed is when you set a certain amount of memory to be used for the frame buffer. You can have either 128MB or 256MB. In fixed mode this memory is always allocated to the graphics system. When you check in Windows, your system memory will be what you installed less either 256MB or 128MB.
In DVMT mode, only 8MB is allocated to the graphics card when in 2D operations. When you go to 3D applications a further amount of memory is allocated to give either 256MB of 128MB, depending on what you set in the BIOS. We used DVMT with 256MB total setup, so in our 2D application tests we had the most amount of system memory free.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- Mafia 3 demo released, offers 50% discount on full game
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design