Package and Contents
To start off we take a look at the package and what you get. ECS's G33 motherboard is aimed at the value and budget users. The box somewhat resembles it, but it's the packaging that mostly reflects it. The box is small, giving us the clear indication of the Micro ATX motherboard inside. The front of the box just gives you the model number and company logo.
The back of the box gives you quite a bit of information on the board as well as a full colour photo which details the layout and an explanation of the features. While on the budget side, ECS has a big plus on giving you a full colour photo of the board. It's not wise to purchase a product without being able to at least see a photo of it, this is how it's been in the past. But thankfully companies are starting to see the light in terms of consumer knowledge.
Documentation is quite extensive. ECS provides a full detailed user manual explaining all of the features of the board, its layout and BIOS setup. A quick install pamphlet is also included which provides quite a bit of info on getting the board inside your case, connecting the front panel ports and also the onboard headers. Software is included on a single CD with drivers that are not only for XP and XP64, but Vista as well. This is because the chipset gets the Vista certifications thanks to Intel's new onboard video.
Lastly are the accessories included. The budget side of the board is shown here. Only a single SATA data cable, FDD cable and rear I/O shield are included. There are no power adapters for the SATA HDD or IDE cables, as there are no IDE ports on the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Google's 4K-ready Chromecast Ultra teased at just $69
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now