It's clear that Intel has really put together a winner of a platform with the 3x series of chipsets. The P35 chipset has really given us something to look forward to, overclocking has already shown to be superior to that of the P965 chipset, and with the new G33 chipset for the value series, it's clear Intel has gone from strength to strength in recent times.
This is our first test of the GMA3100 series graphics core, and it's a definite improvement over that of the Q965 and G965 series, as it adds in DX9 support and also gains certification for Vista premium, a big bonus indeed. In DVMT mode, we see that the G33 is able to perform in basic tasks just as well as it would when using a discrete graphics setup.
ECS has a good product on its hands. It's definitely not the most feature-rich pack, it's a basic board at best. Without any digital video features or TV out, it's designed for the office environment, pure and simple.
Overall, the board has great potential for the workstation environment, as its price is extremely good for this type of board.
G33 performs identical to P35 with discrete graphics
GMA3100 is a good basic IGP setup
Only 4 of the 6 SATA ports are used
No IDE port for DVD ROM drives
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Analyst expects mobile app store revenue to hit $100 billion by 2020
- Unity announces SteamVR support, now works on the HTC Vive
- P.T. influenced game now coming to Xbox One and PS4, possibly VR
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance