It's clear that Intel has really put together a winner of a platform with the 3x series of chipsets. The P35 chipset has really given us something to look forward to, overclocking has already shown to be superior to that of the P965 chipset, and with the new G33 chipset for the value series, it's clear Intel has gone from strength to strength in recent times.
This is our first test of the GMA3100 series graphics core, and it's a definite improvement over that of the Q965 and G965 series, as it adds in DX9 support and also gains certification for Vista premium, a big bonus indeed. In DVMT mode, we see that the G33 is able to perform in basic tasks just as well as it would when using a discrete graphics setup.
ECS has a good product on its hands. It's definitely not the most feature-rich pack, it's a basic board at best. Without any digital video features or TV out, it's designed for the office environment, pure and simple.
Overall, the board has great potential for the workstation environment, as its price is extremely good for this type of board.
G33 performs identical to P35 with discrete graphics
GMA3100 is a good basic IGP setup
Only 4 of the 6 SATA ports are used
No IDE port for DVD ROM drives
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015