It's clear that Intel has really put together a winner of a platform with the 3x series of chipsets. The P35 chipset has really given us something to look forward to, overclocking has already shown to be superior to that of the P965 chipset, and with the new G33 chipset for the value series, it's clear Intel has gone from strength to strength in recent times.
This is our first test of the GMA3100 series graphics core, and it's a definite improvement over that of the Q965 and G965 series, as it adds in DX9 support and also gains certification for Vista premium, a big bonus indeed. In DVMT mode, we see that the G33 is able to perform in basic tasks just as well as it would when using a discrete graphics setup.
ECS has a good product on its hands. It's definitely not the most feature-rich pack, it's a basic board at best. Without any digital video features or TV out, it's designed for the office environment, pure and simple.
Overall, the board has great potential for the workstation environment, as its price is extremely good for this type of board.
G33 performs identical to P35 with discrete graphics
GMA3100 is a good basic IGP setup
Only 4 of the 6 SATA ports are used
No IDE port for DVD ROM drives
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup