It's clear that Intel has really put together a winner of a platform with the 3x series of chipsets. The P35 chipset has really given us something to look forward to, overclocking has already shown to be superior to that of the P965 chipset, and with the new G33 chipset for the value series, it's clear Intel has gone from strength to strength in recent times.
This is our first test of the GMA3100 series graphics core, and it's a definite improvement over that of the Q965 and G965 series, as it adds in DX9 support and also gains certification for Vista premium, a big bonus indeed. In DVMT mode, we see that the G33 is able to perform in basic tasks just as well as it would when using a discrete graphics setup.
ECS has a good product on its hands. It's definitely not the most feature-rich pack, it's a basic board at best. Without any digital video features or TV out, it's designed for the office environment, pure and simple.
Overall, the board has great potential for the workstation environment, as its price is extremely good for this type of board.
G33 performs identical to P35 with discrete graphics
GMA3100 is a good basic IGP setup
Only 4 of the 6 SATA ports are used
No IDE port for DVD ROM drives
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now