Technical View - Overview
The decoder unit included with the Z-5450's is one of the best we have seen to date featuring a logical well thought out selection of inputs beginning with the mandatory analog 5.1 connection to the latest sound cards. This is where a lot of companies will stop but Logitech have taken the time to include not two but three dedicated digital inputs on the rear of the unit. Included are two optical and one coaxial, which allow connection to just about any piece of hardware you may want. Furthermore on the side of the unit are connections for headphones and yet another analog line input for maybe an iPod or MP3 player - again Logitech have really exceeded expectation in the department and we cannot fault the connectivity built into the Z-5450 product.
On the front of the unit are five bottoms to allow switching between the various connection and control over effects. Firstly you select your input, then your effect maybe Pro-Logic2 movie mode, then your channel settings (surround delay) followed by the volume levels of each speaker. Below these buttons is mute and next to this is the master volume control knob situated beside a nice big LED that glows blue for action and red for standby. Nothing complex here just your basic controls for setting up you audio environment. Credit must again be given here for concise easy to use controls that allow thought free operation throughout the listening process, which is really the holy grail when designing these units, nothing fancy just focus on user friendliness.
The wireless remote included provided access to all the inputs featured on the rear of the unit with the exception of the side mounted aux/headphone inputs, below; are situated buttons to adjust sub centre surround along with effect settings and of course mute along with a large master volume button. There is also the handy ability to test your speakers using the test button, which sends white noise through each speaker systematically. Batteries are included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Installation and Configuration]
- Page 4 [Technical View - Overview]
- Page 5 [Technical View - Satellites]
- Page 6 [Technical View - Subwoofer]
- Page 7 [Sound Quality Tests - Music]
- Page 8 [Sound Quality Tests - Movie and Gaming]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact