Total Continuous power: 315 watts RMS
Sub-woofer: 116 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 100Hz, @ 10% THD)
Left/Right: 38 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1khz, @ 10% THD)
Center: 42 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
Rear Left & Right: 40.5 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
Total Peak power: 630 watts Maximum SPL: 103 dB Frequency response: 35 Hz - 20 kHz Input impedance: 9,500 ohms Amplifier: Ultra-linear high-capacity analog Drivers:
Satellites: 2 1/2" aluminum phase plug driver
Band-pass subwoofer: 6 1/2" high-excursion driver
At a glance the specifications are in the ball park of where we would suspect them to be at this price point, with the subwoofer receiving a healthy 116-watts RMS and the sats all receiving different amounts of power ranging from 38 to 42-watts.
Total peak power is rated at 630-watts but the RMS figure is the one to watch for, peak power or "peak music power" is just for show.
Logitech being the heavyweight that they are have said "I'll show you!" and put the RMS and PMP figures directly next to each other on the front of the box. Top marks for detail like that!
Frequency response is about on par with what would be expected from a system not using a subwoofer driver of any considerable stance yet is still very respectable and well capable of providing an immersive experience.
Decoder; Inputs and Outputs:
Surround sound effects:
Hardware decoding for Dolby Digital, DTS and DTS 96/24 soundtracks
Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie and Music modes)
Supported digital formats:
DTS and DTS 96/24
PCM (uncompressed stereo): 44.1 kHz/16 bit through 96 kHz/24 bit
(2) Digital optical for DVD or CD players, PlayStation2, Xbox*, or PC sound cards (requires optical cable, sold separately)
(1) Digital coaxial for DVD or CD players or PC sound cards (requires coaxial cable, sold separately)
(1) 6-channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 2, 4 or 6-channel PC sound cards OR
(3) stereo-mini connectors for 3 stereo analog audio sources, such as CD and DVD players, PlayStation2, Xbox*, or 2 channel PC sound cards (some devices may require stereo mini to dual RCA adapter, sold separately)
(1) Analog stereo-mini (on side panel of control center) for portable CD, MP3, or MiniDisc players
Alright then, let's move onto installation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Installation and Configuration]
- Page 4 [Technical View - Overview]
- Page 5 [Technical View - Satellites]
- Page 6 [Technical View - Subwoofer]
- Page 7 [Sound Quality Tests - Music]
- Page 8 [Sound Quality Tests - Movie and Gaming]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse