DFI has used the Award BIOS system that has proven to be a winner when it comes to simplicity to use and effectiveness.
Users who have used Award BIOS will find no surprises here; it is a straight forward setup. To overclock the system you need to open up the Genie BIOS settings menu, where there are three sub menus where you can overclock your system.
FSB (QDR) MHz: 400MHz to 2500MHz in 1MHz Increments
Mem (DDR) MHz: 400MHz to 1400MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI-e Bus Slot 1: 100MHz to 131MHz in 1MHz Increments
SPP MCP Ref Clock: 200MHz to 500MHz in various Increments
CPU VID Special Add: 100% to 156.39% in various Increments
DRAM Voltage Control: 1.8v to 3.0v in 0.02v Increments
NB Core Voltage: 1.3v to 1.45v in 0.025v Increments
SB Core Voltage: 1.5v to 1.85v in 0.05v Increments
SB Dual Voltage: 1.5v to 1.8v in 0.1v Increments
HT Core Voltage: 1.2v to 1.6v in various Increments
Despite being a value based board on the nForce 650i Ultra chipset, we managed a respectable 438MHz FSB.
We had to push all the voltages to their maximums apart from the CPU voltage, we only hit 1.45v. It is not the 500MHz+ FSB we see on high-end motherboards but it's not too bad considering the price tag.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 has 21 million users, eSports mode coming
- Capcom misses sales targets for its major games
- Accept your Fate in our 'Fast & Furious' giveaway
- Battlegrounds creator doesn't consider himself a gamer
- EA: AR is 'more interesting', VR isn't ready just yet
- Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo Review
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers