DFI has used the Award BIOS system that has proven to be a winner when it comes to simplicity to use and effectiveness.
Users who have used Award BIOS will find no surprises here; it is a straight forward setup. To overclock the system you need to open up the Genie BIOS settings menu, where there are three sub menus where you can overclock your system.
FSB (QDR) MHz: 400MHz to 2500MHz in 1MHz Increments
Mem (DDR) MHz: 400MHz to 1400MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI-e Bus Slot 1: 100MHz to 131MHz in 1MHz Increments
SPP MCP Ref Clock: 200MHz to 500MHz in various Increments
CPU VID Special Add: 100% to 156.39% in various Increments
DRAM Voltage Control: 1.8v to 3.0v in 0.02v Increments
NB Core Voltage: 1.3v to 1.45v in 0.025v Increments
SB Core Voltage: 1.5v to 1.85v in 0.05v Increments
SB Dual Voltage: 1.5v to 1.8v in 0.1v Increments
HT Core Voltage: 1.2v to 1.6v in various Increments
Despite being a value based board on the nForce 650i Ultra chipset, we managed a respectable 438MHz FSB.
We had to push all the voltages to their maximums apart from the CPU voltage, we only hit 1.45v. It is not the 500MHz+ FSB we see on high-end motherboards but it's not too bad considering the price tag.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse