DFI has gone for the full sized 30x24cm ATX layout on a stylish black six layer PCB. DFI has gone all out with regards to its connector placement, even for its budget board. The 24-pin power connector, IDE, SATA and FDD port all line up along the right hand edge of the board. The FDD and SATA ports are rotated 90 degrees to the board, allowing you to install large graphics cards and not have to loose any SATA or parallel ports. The 8-pin aux power connector is located just in front of the memory slots, away from the CPU area, making it one of the cleanest value board layouts we have seen, commendations to DFI for that.
One thing we didn't really care for was the Northbridge heatsink. It is also 90 degrees to the board in between the two layers of the NB heatsink; unfortunately it is held in with only two screws and rattles something terrible inside the case, a very annoying sound to say the least.
The layout around the CPU is clean and tidy, no large capacitors sticking up to take up valuable real estate, especially if you want to run large heatsinks or water cooling setups, these take a bit of room up. DFI has gone for a six phase voltage regulation system, one of the highest we have seen of any value board out there - DFI must be hoping to get some overclocking out of this board.
DFI hasn't changed its rear I/O port arrangement on the Infinity series for some time. The big notes are the SPDIF RCA ports for Digital Audio in and Out, a must have for the digital home these days.
Lastly it's down to the expansion slots that come with the board. Since this board does not support any form of SLI there is only a single PCI Express x16 slot for graphics. Two PCI Express x1 slots and three PCI legacy slots are what this board is packed with. There is a VIA PCI based Firewire chip but that's all you get in extra onboard features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti