Nvidia's nForce 600i series from top to bottom are extremely capable and feature packed. DFI has been a great supporter of the enthusiast PC market. Designing its Infinity boards for the mid to high range of boards and its LANParty and LANParty UT series for enthusiasts and case modders out there.
DFI has been the only company to dare to take on the Crossfire 3200 Intel chipset from AMD/ATI, and for this courage we applaud them, and have a lot of time for this company daring to take on new products on the market despite what Intel wants them to do.
In our opinion, DFI has done a fantastic job with the 650i Ultra based chipset. While it isn't designed to take on the high-end based boards (which also cost much more), it does a good job to keep up as much as it can and its overclocking is pretty good for a value/mid range board.
Overall we were extremely happy with what DFI sent us and hope to see some more products hit the market very soon with some funky designs. If you do not required SLI dual graphics support and are not super concerned about massive packages or ultra overclocking ability, you'll be well served with this motherboard and save some cash too, since it is carries a more attractive price tag.
nTune utility for Windows overclocking
Black PCB is attractive
Extremely efficient layout for connectors
Digital coaxial Audio in and Out
6 phase voltage regulation for cleaner CPU voltage
Falls behind the P35 chipset in performance and OC
Budget board - basic package and lacking features like SLI
Northbridge heatsink makes an annoying rattling sound
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- PNY releases the Mini-mobile HP v165w USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer