There is no doubt that AMD's ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT got off to a bit of a rocky start.
The initial drivers were nothing to get excited about and made the performance overall look pretty ordinary. The biggest problem though is that it seems most people have already made up their minds - I will not lie to you, I had. I honestly saw the initial test results and thought the card was a joke considering how long we had been waiting for it.
The good news is that ATI are really on the ball when it comes to drivers. It has been like this for a few years now and it only took a new set of drivers to really make the HD 2900 XT something worth having as far as we are concerned.
People all over the world now are recommending the HD 2900 XT over the 8800GTS 640MB and we are about to investigate why.
Let us have a look at what exactly MSI bring to the party this time around before we dive into our test system setup and check out some real numbers and see is the HD 2900 XT worth talking about? In this review, we also introduce our first batch of new testing including temperature readings, sound levels and also power consumption!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- Sony's PlayStation 4 dominates sales charts with 30.2 million sales
- Halo PC is finally happening, and Microsoft has nothing to do with it
- I am the new guy
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS
- Cherry Announces MW 2310, MW 2110, and MC 2000 Mice
- Phanteks Announces Power Splitter with Patented Isolated Dual System Technology
- QPAD's latest mouse launches world premier at Dreamhack
- Noctua Introduces 24V IndustrialPPC Fans