The last year the major focus on the PC industry in terms of the CPU war was all Intel. Since the Netburst Architecture was thrown by the way side in favour of the much improved Core architecture, AMD has hit the skids big time, while their CPU's are cheaper per clock speed, Intel has more speed per MHz compared to that of the AMD series.
While AMD may now be the less favoured for the high-end desktop, they are more than adequate for the HTPC and value desktop and with the acquisition of the ATI chipset and graphics division, AMD now has a lot more clout behind its CPU's, as it not longer has to rely entirely on companies like nVidia, SIS and VIA to produce its chipsets.
AMD has only one chipset currently on the market which is the 690G chipset with the 790X coming later this year. AMD's 690G chipset has really taken off as a budget chipset that has a mighty punch to it.
Compared to that of the GeForce 6150 chipset, AMD has really got a winner - its ability to run HDMI as well as superior graphics core makes it a more ideal chipset for the K8, giving you a full AMD system with AMD CPU and AMD chipset.
Today we are looking at the GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM motherboard designed with the AMD 690G chipset. So let us see how well it compares to the MSI based motherboard which we recently tested in our labs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft will use Windows 10 to sabotage Steam, says Epic Games boss
- Vizio acquired by LeEco, a Chinese electronics giant for $2 billion
- LG confirms $1.75 billion investment in flexible OLED displays
- $299 Xbox One S bundled with free copy of Halo 5, launches Aug 23
- Burnout creators begin work on new driving game with VR support
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio