The last year the major focus on the PC industry in terms of the CPU war was all Intel. Since the Netburst Architecture was thrown by the way side in favour of the much improved Core architecture, AMD has hit the skids big time, while their CPU's are cheaper per clock speed, Intel has more speed per MHz compared to that of the AMD series.
While AMD may now be the less favoured for the high-end desktop, they are more than adequate for the HTPC and value desktop and with the acquisition of the ATI chipset and graphics division, AMD now has a lot more clout behind its CPU's, as it not longer has to rely entirely on companies like nVidia, SIS and VIA to produce its chipsets.
AMD has only one chipset currently on the market which is the 690G chipset with the 790X coming later this year. AMD's 690G chipset has really taken off as a budget chipset that has a mighty punch to it.
Compared to that of the GeForce 6150 chipset, AMD has really got a winner - its ability to run HDMI as well as superior graphics core makes it a more ideal chipset for the K8, giving you a full AMD system with AMD CPU and AMD chipset.
Today we are looking at the GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM motherboard designed with the AMD 690G chipset. So let us see how well it compares to the MSI based motherboard which we recently tested in our labs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XIV free trial now has unlimited time
- SpaceX to launch first-ever used rocket to space
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design