Overclocking the Reaper HPC
Our Reaper HPC Edition modules which we were sent from OCZ were quite impressive.
We managed to get the modules to a stable 591MHz (or 1182MHz DDR) with the default 5-5-5-18 timings using the SPD to control everything. This was just off the 600MHz we managed to get with the higher end FlexXLC; however we did have more time to get those modules flying. To get our 591MHz we only used 2.4v, 0.1v over what OCZ recommended, however with more time we think these modules could break the FlexXLC's 600MHz max speed.
Our lowest timings we could get from the Reaper HPC were 4-4-5-18 at 800MHz DDR. We attempted to go lower but any benchmarks would just crash back to the desktop, even with higher voltages, no luck was had - still this is a great effort from OCZ to pick good memory for their modules.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD