Overclocking the Reaper HPC
Our Reaper HPC Edition modules which we were sent from OCZ were quite impressive.
We managed to get the modules to a stable 591MHz (or 1182MHz DDR) with the default 5-5-5-18 timings using the SPD to control everything. This was just off the 600MHz we managed to get with the higher end FlexXLC; however we did have more time to get those modules flying. To get our 591MHz we only used 2.4v, 0.1v over what OCZ recommended, however with more time we think these modules could break the FlexXLC's 600MHz max speed.
Our lowest timings we could get from the Reaper HPC were 4-4-5-18 at 800MHz DDR. We attempted to go lower but any benchmarks would just crash back to the desktop, even with higher voltages, no luck was had - still this is a great effort from OCZ to pick good memory for their modules.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- Andy Rubin's Essential teases its upcoming flagship
- HTC unveils Link VR headset for the U11
- SEGA is racing to victory
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017