Overclocking the Reaper HPC
Our Reaper HPC Edition modules which we were sent from OCZ were quite impressive.
We managed to get the modules to a stable 591MHz (or 1182MHz DDR) with the default 5-5-5-18 timings using the SPD to control everything. This was just off the 600MHz we managed to get with the higher end FlexXLC; however we did have more time to get those modules flying. To get our 591MHz we only used 2.4v, 0.1v over what OCZ recommended, however with more time we think these modules could break the FlexXLC's 600MHz max speed.
Our lowest timings we could get from the Reaper HPC were 4-4-5-18 at 800MHz DDR. We attempted to go lower but any benchmarks would just crash back to the desktop, even with higher voltages, no luck was had - still this is a great effort from OCZ to pick good memory for their modules.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- Jump into programming with 4 top Java courses
- Apple delays AirPods, says they 'aren't ready'
- Windows 10 Creators Update is all about AR and VR
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software