Memory technology is starting to catch up on the PC industry. The more memory you have the better these days, and with 64-bit processors able to access memory over 4GB, and with 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista now available, we are starting to see memory technologies really coming along.
DDR-3 is now the big hit word for the Intel platform. P35 has now paved the way for the DDR-3 revolution, supporting both the current DDR-2 memory technology as well as the upcoming DDR-3 technology. So you have no excuse why not to upgrade - similar to how the Intel 915 Express chipset supported DDR and DDR-2 all on the one chipset, but this time, DDR-2 and DDR-3 support has been improved with P35 proving it can push DDR-2 performance over its previous chipsets.
While DDR-3 is coming, DDR-2 is still here, and there are many companies pushing for dominance on this volatile market, some of the biggest players are Mushkin, Corsair, Crucial and OCZ, who have really come out of nowhere to provide some of the fastest memory modules in the last few years.
Our last OCZ memory review on TweakTown was the OCZ FlexXLC water cooled memory modules that were able to run rings around Mushkin and Corsair, at least till the Dominator memory hit.
Today we have OCZ's next memory module set designed for the enthusiast who does not have the option or does not want to run water cooling in their systems, this being the radically air cooled Reaper HPC edition memory running at PC2-9200 or 1150MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog