Memory technology is starting to catch up on the PC industry. The more memory you have the better these days, and with 64-bit processors able to access memory over 4GB, and with 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista now available, we are starting to see memory technologies really coming along.
DDR-3 is now the big hit word for the Intel platform. P35 has now paved the way for the DDR-3 revolution, supporting both the current DDR-2 memory technology as well as the upcoming DDR-3 technology. So you have no excuse why not to upgrade - similar to how the Intel 915 Express chipset supported DDR and DDR-2 all on the one chipset, but this time, DDR-2 and DDR-3 support has been improved with P35 proving it can push DDR-2 performance over its previous chipsets.
While DDR-3 is coming, DDR-2 is still here, and there are many companies pushing for dominance on this volatile market, some of the biggest players are Mushkin, Corsair, Crucial and OCZ, who have really come out of nowhere to provide some of the fastest memory modules in the last few years.
Our last OCZ memory review on TweakTown was the OCZ FlexXLC water cooled memory modules that were able to run rings around Mushkin and Corsair, at least till the Dominator memory hit.
Today we have OCZ's next memory module set designed for the enthusiast who does not have the option or does not want to run water cooling in their systems, this being the radically air cooled Reaper HPC edition memory running at PC2-9200 or 1150MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY