Now it is down to the BIOS and overclocking.
MSI has chosen to go with AMI Mega trends BIOS which they have been using for quite some time now. AMI has come up along way in the last couple of years.
The BIOS is quite slim, so we do not have a whole lot to talk about here.
While we were not expecting earth shattering overclocking, we were hoping to get a few more MHz out of our CPU but what we found was quite a surprise.
There was absolutely no overclocking feature on the board at all, even after updating to the latest BIOS from the MSI website. Normally we see the Cell Menu where MSI keeps its overclocking options; this menu was not here at all, so no overclocking is possible on this board.
If you are going for a HTPC board though, you are probably not really going to worry about it seriously since it will no doubt be enclosed in a small HTPC case anyway.
If you want a value board with a bit of OC potential, do not even think about this one from MSI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Microsoft patents foldable smartphone
- Switch is all about 'playing games anywhere with anyone'
- Gabe Newell holding Reddit AmA tomorrow
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99