Now it is down to the BIOS and overclocking.
MSI has chosen to go with AMI Mega trends BIOS which they have been using for quite some time now. AMI has come up along way in the last couple of years.
The BIOS is quite slim, so we do not have a whole lot to talk about here.
While we were not expecting earth shattering overclocking, we were hoping to get a few more MHz out of our CPU but what we found was quite a surprise.
There was absolutely no overclocking feature on the board at all, even after updating to the latest BIOS from the MSI website. Normally we see the Cell Menu where MSI keeps its overclocking options; this menu was not here at all, so no overclocking is possible on this board.
If you are going for a HTPC board though, you are probably not really going to worry about it seriously since it will no doubt be enclosed in a small HTPC case anyway.
If you want a value board with a bit of OC potential, do not even think about this one from MSI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications