It has now been nearly 12 months on since ATI and AMD made the big move to become one company and so far things have not been as rosy as AMD would have liked. AMD has not been able to come up with a new processor technology to combat Core 2, and it is only just recently that the Radeon HD 2900 series came out; nearly 4 months after nVidia released its DirectX 10 part. One thing we will not deny is that the addition of the ATI chipset business to AMD is a definite bonus.
In the past AMD had to rely on their third party vendors to support processors. When Athlon first made its appearance on the market, AMD has a hard time getting sales simply because there was only one single chipset available for it, and that was AMD's own 750 Irongate chipset, which was not very fast and plagued with compatibility problems. It was not till VIA finally had its KX133 chipset available did things pick up. Even when Athlon 64 started, chipset support was limited.
With the purchase of ATI, chipsets can be ready for their new architectures at the time of release, and being ATI based chipset, it is a proper solution, not a quickly slap it together type of product.
The first chipset to come out under the AMD brand is the 690G series which we first looked at though ECS. This chipset is designed to be a value product for AMD and its Athlon processors.
Today we have a new motherboard from MSI based on the new AMD 690G chipset series with support for HDMI which makes it perfect for the Home Theatre PC users out there. Let us today have a look at the MSI K9AGM2 and see exactly what it has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm aims to make smartwatches much better with new chip
- Microsoft to reveal new Windows 10 and Xbox One plans this month
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.1 now on PC, adds custom dedicated servers
- Only digital pre-orders unlock access to the Hitman beta
- Watch Dogs 2 confirmed for 2017, releasing with the new South Park
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance