It has now been nearly 12 months on since ATI and AMD made the big move to become one company and so far things have not been as rosy as AMD would have liked. AMD has not been able to come up with a new processor technology to combat Core 2, and it is only just recently that the Radeon HD 2900 series came out; nearly 4 months after nVidia released its DirectX 10 part. One thing we will not deny is that the addition of the ATI chipset business to AMD is a definite bonus.
In the past AMD had to rely on their third party vendors to support processors. When Athlon first made its appearance on the market, AMD has a hard time getting sales simply because there was only one single chipset available for it, and that was AMD's own 750 Irongate chipset, which was not very fast and plagued with compatibility problems. It was not till VIA finally had its KX133 chipset available did things pick up. Even when Athlon 64 started, chipset support was limited.
With the purchase of ATI, chipsets can be ready for their new architectures at the time of release, and being ATI based chipset, it is a proper solution, not a quickly slap it together type of product.
The first chipset to come out under the AMD brand is the 690G series which we first looked at though ECS. This chipset is designed to be a value product for AMD and its Athlon processors.
Today we have a new motherboard from MSI based on the new AMD 690G chipset series with support for HDMI which makes it perfect for the Home Theatre PC users out there. Let us today have a look at the MSI K9AGM2 and see exactly what it has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Alcatel announces three mid-range smartphones
- Xiaomi introduces Matte Black Mi Max 2
- Qualcomm launches new Snapdragon Wear 1200 platform
- Intel X299 chipset: 'VRM disaster' says pro overclocker
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- AMD's Ryzen Pro Processor Lineup Revealed
- ASRock Motherboard Problem! Please Help!
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus