While the Intel platform is set to go to DDR-3 memory later on this year, though it is starting to show up now, it is not mass produced, and only the P35 chipset currently supports it. DDR-2 is still the king of the desktop and notebook platforms.
That being said DDR-2 has its limits, and we are now reaching them, while we have seen memory at PC2-9200, PC2-8500 seems to be the sweet spot, as just about all the major players now have memory at this level.
Crucial has only just stepped up to this mark, and we are extremely happy with this effort. Ballistix is Crucial's cream of the crop with the Tracer versions adding extra eye candy. We were very impressed with what was on offer.
Crucial has not only managed to get good speeds out of the modules, but the size and style it is done in was extremely impressive
While these modules will only see Intel platforms for a few more months until DDR-3 makes the mainstream, AMD platforms will be very happy this DDR-2 memory for a while to come. AMD loves to overclock and these modules should help you get a nice speed boost.
Onboard LED for eye candy value
Still expensive for DDR-2
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking the RAM]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD