While the Intel platform is set to go to DDR-3 memory later on this year, though it is starting to show up now, it is not mass produced, and only the P35 chipset currently supports it. DDR-2 is still the king of the desktop and notebook platforms.
That being said DDR-2 has its limits, and we are now reaching them, while we have seen memory at PC2-9200, PC2-8500 seems to be the sweet spot, as just about all the major players now have memory at this level.
Crucial has only just stepped up to this mark, and we are extremely happy with this effort. Ballistix is Crucial's cream of the crop with the Tracer versions adding extra eye candy. We were very impressed with what was on offer.
Crucial has not only managed to get good speeds out of the modules, but the size and style it is done in was extremely impressive
While these modules will only see Intel platforms for a few more months until DDR-3 makes the mainstream, AMD platforms will be very happy this DDR-2 memory for a while to come. AMD loves to overclock and these modules should help you get a nice speed boost.
Onboard LED for eye candy value
Still expensive for DDR-2
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking the RAM]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 has unlocked frame rate on PC
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- Lost 'Star Trek: Original Series' 35mm footage located, Blu-ray coming
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio