Overall the Samsung SGH-i710 is a great Windows Mobile handset even though it has a few quirks. If you are looking for a stylish smartphone, it is definitely worth considering. Some people might fault the lack of Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity, but then again if you are not looking for these functions then there is no need to pay extra for them in your phone. Also some of us a Tweak Town have got used to smartphones with a slide out keyboard, but models like this end up thicker and much heavier than the SGH-i710. At the end of the day, when it comes to choosing a suitable handset it all comes down to what you intend to use it for and what features you want, and that is always a hard choice to make.
However, Samsung has done a first class job with the SGH-i710 and it shows that Samsung can master every mobile platform, since the company offers phones based on a wide range of mobile operating systems. The SGH-i710 is a stylish and fairly straightforward device that lacks some of the functionality that power users are looking for, but that does not mean that there is not a market for it. Expect to pay around US$460 for a contract free version, which is quite reasonable for what you get.
Slim and lightweight smart phone
Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
Chrome plastic seems to wear off quickly
Proprietary USB connector
No flash for the camera
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand