Overall the Samsung SGH-i710 is a great Windows Mobile handset even though it has a few quirks. If you are looking for a stylish smartphone, it is definitely worth considering. Some people might fault the lack of Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity, but then again if you are not looking for these functions then there is no need to pay extra for them in your phone. Also some of us a Tweak Town have got used to smartphones with a slide out keyboard, but models like this end up thicker and much heavier than the SGH-i710. At the end of the day, when it comes to choosing a suitable handset it all comes down to what you intend to use it for and what features you want, and that is always a hard choice to make.
However, Samsung has done a first class job with the SGH-i710 and it shows that Samsung can master every mobile platform, since the company offers phones based on a wide range of mobile operating systems. The SGH-i710 is a stylish and fairly straightforward device that lacks some of the functionality that power users are looking for, but that does not mean that there is not a market for it. Expect to pay around US$460 for a contract free version, which is quite reasonable for what you get.
Slim and lightweight smart phone
Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
Chrome plastic seems to wear off quickly
Proprietary USB connector
No flash for the camera
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives