Alright then, all that can be said is WOW! Early in the deployment stages of the new Intel P35 Express chipset, Gigabyte has managed to kick out not only a board that manages to outperform its P965 brother at stock, its overclocking also beats the P965, something we were not expecting at such an early stage.
Gigabyte has lately put a huge emphasis on its boards. R&D has really put in a lot of time and effort and the company is prepared to put money behind the development of a board to give end users what they really want, a high powered, feature packed, overclocking machine. The DQ6 manages to fit in that category quite nicely indeed.
P35 is set to be the biggest thing in the second half of 2007; at least until the high-end X38 chipset with twin full-speed x16 slots for Crossfire manages to show its head.
Gigabyte's P35 when compared to the MSI P35 Platinum has more features, better overclocking, and a simply all round better look and feel. We have no hesitation in recommending this board highly for anyone wanting to go P35 with DDR-2 and to overclock. Gigabyte also has a DDR-3 version (along with a combo DDR-2 and DDR-3 board) which we will be testing shortly.
Native 1333MHz quad-pumped FSB support
Support for upcoming 45nm processors
All solid capacitor design for long life
Impressive cooling setup - silent yet effective
Improved DDR-2 memory support
Extra SATA ports though Jmicron chip
Best FSB OC on an Intel based board thus far
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andy Rubin's Essential teases its upcoming flagship
- HTC unveils Link VR headset for the U11
- SEGA is racing to victory
- Vertu launches a $360,000 priced feature phone
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017