It goes without saying that past Intel releases have been secretive up until the NDA dates have come, in fact some products do not even get mentioned to media until less than 24 hours before launch. However, with the P35 chipset (Bearlake) this has not been the case. While the NDA expires today, we have already done preliminary tests on a beta board (from which company we are not able to tell you due to reprisals from Intel). And last week we tested a version of the board from MSI, the P35 Platinum. In fact these boards have been available in Taiwan for over a week now.
P35 is set to replace the P965 chipset with support for DDR-2 and DDR-3 memory depending on what the motherboard manufacturer decides to put out. Not only this, FSB speed is upped to 1333MHz in order to support upcoming Intel CPUs, and it is designed to be paired up with the ninth generation ICH.
Gigabyte has jumped on the P35 bandwagon already with some of its new boards being available in Taiwan for over a week, and now fully available in Australia; Gigabyte has quite a few models planned.
Today's test board from Gigabyte is the P35-DQ6 that is designed around the Dual Quad architecture that made the P965-DQ6 such a performer. Does the P35-DQ6 have what it takes to follow in those footsteps? Let us find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- Final Fantasy XV reportedly coming to PC in 2018
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- Nintendo Switch switches to full 1080p while docked
- Lexus covered its car in 41,999 programmable LED lights
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs