It goes without saying that past Intel releases have been secretive up until the NDA dates have come, in fact some products do not even get mentioned to media until less than 24 hours before launch. However, with the P35 chipset (Bearlake) this has not been the case. While the NDA expires today, we have already done preliminary tests on a beta board (from which company we are not able to tell you due to reprisals from Intel). And last week we tested a version of the board from MSI, the P35 Platinum. In fact these boards have been available in Taiwan for over a week now.
P35 is set to replace the P965 chipset with support for DDR-2 and DDR-3 memory depending on what the motherboard manufacturer decides to put out. Not only this, FSB speed is upped to 1333MHz in order to support upcoming Intel CPUs, and it is designed to be paired up with the ninth generation ICH.
Gigabyte has jumped on the P35 bandwagon already with some of its new boards being available in Taiwan for over a week, and now fully available in Australia; Gigabyte has quite a few models planned.
Today's test board from Gigabyte is the P35-DQ6 that is designed around the Dual Quad architecture that made the P965-DQ6 such a performer. Does the P35-DQ6 have what it takes to follow in those footsteps? Let us find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- In Win launches X-Frame 2.0, tou 2.0 Signature chassis
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse